Dummy unit casting scroll of speed?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Is there any way to order a dummy unit to cast the scroll of speed ability without giving it an item?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
just maket scroll of speed a unit ability, and then in the trigger, give it to the dummy unit, and order that dummy unit to cast it...

if you want it to cast on somebody else, just change it in the Targets Allowed...

INCINERATE

Reaction score
sadly they arent any "issue order with no target" orc speed scroll options avaible, i dont think changing the text order id of the scroll of speed ability works either, so basically (if not mistaken) the only way to do this will be to use a lil jass .

i not sure what the order number is, but if you use a dummy unit to cast it you can try call
Trigger:
  • IssueImmediateOrderById( GetLastCreatedUnit(), 545545 )

that number is random and totally made up , it will work this way if you find out the scroll of speed order number , can anyone tell this guy the number , i dont have time to check

INCINERATE

Reaction score
i couldn't find it on the list i currently use , but its one of these numbers, i not really sure how to display it

im guessing some sort of display-message bj with the order to find it out, these are a few.

Attachments

• Order ID List.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 334

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Scroll of speed order ID is 852010. To find order id's, just add this trigger to your map.

Trigger:
  • OrderIDS
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(),0,0,"Order ID: " + I2S(GetIssuedOrderId()))

meOme

Reaction score
I'm confused right now because I can't find an ability named "Scroll of Speed" in my editor. oO

The item "Scroll of Speed" has the ability "Scroll of Haste", and that has the orderid 852285...

INCINERATE

Reaction score
nice lil code there roar for finding orderids , ill use that from now on :D

@me0me = basically you have to use this method for any item ability wishing to be casted from a unit, cause they dont show up on the gui list, so for example.. with this scroll of speed

instead of putting, "issue order with no target human moutain king clap" for example

you would put this custom scrip instead
Trigger:
  • call IssueImmediateOrderById( GetLastCreatedUnit(), 852010 )

meOme

Reaction score
I do (JNGP).

But why should that change the orderid of this ability?

The game itself is still the same, isn't it?

/edit: I saved the map with the normal editor and that changed nothing for the Id I got.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.