Dummy unit problem

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
A few days ago some of my spells stopped to work. After some searching, i found out that the spells bug when i create two dummy units right after eachother, i.e. ''Create dummy, give it spell A and order it to cast it, then create dummy, give it spell B and order it to cast it.'' If i use a trigger like that the second dummy is never created. At all. Anyone knows a solution to this? (If not I have to make another trigger everytime i want to use two dummies...)

Here's a trigger example:
Trigger:
  • Napalm
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fire - Napalm
    • Actions
      • Set Atemp_aloc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Caster Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Atemp_aloc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to Atemp_aloc
      • Unit - Add Napalm Bomb (Missile) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • EGUI Leak - Remove Atemp_aloc
      • Set Atemp_aloc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets Atemp_aloc
      • Unit - Create 1 Caster Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Atemp_aloc facing Default building facing degrees [<--- This dummy is never created]
      • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to Atemp_aloc
      • Unit - Add Napalm Bomb (Fire) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Napalm Bomb (Fire) for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike Atemp_aloc
      • EGUI Leak - Remove Atemp_aloc

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
you only need to remove the leak once
also i dont think you need to move the unit after you created it since its already where you are moving it to

so try it
without both unit-move's
without the second set atemp_aloc
and without the first egui leak

Compute(<>)

Reaction score
dont create another just add the flamestrike to the first and order him to cast flame strike so the secoind dummy isnt needed

Galdiuz

Reaction score
you only need to remove the leak once
also i dont think you need to move the unit after you created it since its already where you are moving it to

so try it
without both unit-move's
without the second set atemp_aloc
and without the first egui leak
Moving the units is because sometimes they aren't spawned at the correct location, due to them being spawned on top of another unit.
I got to set atemp_aloc at another space or it won't look like i want it to.
I have to keep the first egui leak action or it'll leak.
dont create another just add the flamestrike to the first and order him to cast flame strike so the secoind dummy isnt needed
I can't, because a unit can't cast two spells at the same time right?

And, It's not only this trigger that doesn't work, it's all triggers that use more than one dummy.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
why would it leak?
you can use a location more than once before you remove it i think

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Nope. Everytime you want to set a location you have to remove the old one or it'll leak.

kaboo

Reaction score
yop i got this problem too, u cant create two different dummies in one trigger and give them orders
i would solve this with creating another trigger that triggers when the napalm bomb (missile) is cast and then creates the second dummy and order it to cast the napalm bomb (fire)

also u dont need to move the unit to position where it was created :p

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Seems like i have to create two triggers for every trigger that uses two dummies then. And yeah, i know i don't have to move the dummies, but I tend to do that because sometimes they don't spawn at the right place. Idk why.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.