Dummy units leak, help with choosing item system

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
I'm trying to make the "buy with full inventory" item system and I have 2 choises.

1. Use mercenaries like in Dota.
2. Use items with abilities.

1) The triggers check when a dummy mercenary appears, removes it and give the hero an item + check if he has recipes and stuff.
2) Every item has it's own ability that does nothing. These items are used on pickup. A trigger checks when one of those abilities is used and gives items to the hero.

Can't use "Item beeing manipulated", because that spikes when you use it (preload doesn't help much when there are many items).

So, when you buy a lot of items (mercenaries) in dota, like 100 for example, you will notice that your fps when you look at the base (shops) is half the fps you get when looking somewhere else. I also made a little research and the result is:

EVEN IF YOU REMOVE DUMMY UNITS, THEY STILL LEAK SOMETHING.

The fps loss from a single dummy unit is ~0.05-0.1 fps.

So I want to use the SECOND way, but I don't know how will it turn out at ALL. I want to use a trigger "Unit - Starts the effects of an ability and add 50-100 conditions to it for every item-pickup ability, but I'm affraid it may spike when someone uses ANY ability (but also - it may NOT).

So what should I do?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.