WIP Dungeon Crawl

Haxxors

Reaction score
Project Name : Dungeon Crawl (Subject to change)

Overview : My plans for Dungeon crawl are to create a very long, intricate, and fun instance type map that works out much like the instances in World of Warcraft, with many bosses, perhaps some puzzles, and of course, phat loots.

Players : Currently there are 7 different player controlled heroes, and so the number of players allowed is 7. I would like to get 10 or 11 heroes created so 10-11 players can join in on the fun.

Terrain : One of the big issues i'm facing with this map is terraining. There is no set "theme" for this dungeon. Rather, the theme of the room will be determined by the boss. This could range from a jungle, to a beach, to a frozen waste.

Custom Models : There are a lot of custom models in this map, and every hero and every boss will likely use a custom model. However, trash mobs will not.

Trigger Language : Right now i'm using complete and total GUI for my triggers (Save for 1 spell which is borrowed) as GUI is all I know how to do.

How much of the map is completed?

I break the map up into about 4 parts -

Heroes - 75%
Bosses - 10%
Items - 0%
Terrain - 0%

What do I need help with?

I'm very attached to this project as it is the map that i've basically learned everything I know about world editor while making it. I'm not looking for people to play very major roles in it, but i'm only one man and some minor relief would be nice.

When the time comes I will need people for the following things. Credit of course will be given when the map is finished.

1. Item creator
Ghostwind

2. Trigger code consultant (GUI) (Someone I can ask for trigger help)
-Zack1996

3. General consultant (Anyone that can be available to answer misc.
questions)

4. Reviewer/Tester (Someone who can review the map at any stage, and tell me what needs improved and give new ideas)
-thewrongvine

When will this project been completed?

It's summer time now and i'm able to dedicate a lot more time to it. I'm spending about 4-5 hours per day working on it, although I work somewhat slowly as i'm learning as I go. I hope to release the first public version of this map by the end of June.

Thank you!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, official job as "Reviewer", I could help with that.
What does an Item Maker do, like just the ideas and objects, or also abilities and triggers for them?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I could help with Trigger Code consultant, I have quite some experience in GUI :)
Good luck with this project :D

Haxxors

Reaction score
lol, official job as "Reviewer", I could help with that.
What does an Item Maker do, like just the ideas and objects, or also abilities and triggers for them?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Basically the item creator would make some items. I'm unsure if I want abilities and special buffs on them as of yet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.