Enable/Disable all chat

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Yo, question time from me.

Is there a way to disable and enable all chat in a map? I'm working on a survival/orpg game with a mode that seperates the players into two teams, and I'd like it better if they couldn't communicate in this mode. Thx in advance if it can or can't be done

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
it can be done but probably not the way you'd like it to. if you've played defiance, thats a chat system that can be turned on - off since it uses game messages. to completely remove the chat like defiance, it takes configuring something in the interface, I remember seeing a tutorial on this too, ill try to find it.

www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=80691

found it, (actually its easy) but not as good as something just like Chat- Hide Chat for all Players /blizzard missed out on some good functions

Ommi

Reaction score
well, this isnt really a helpfull post but people generally dont chat between teams unless its to taunt the other team which I never dislike :p

Im guessing what you want is to remove the "all" section and leave in the "allies" chat only, not sure if you can do that so I guess this isnt a very constructive post :)

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
nah thx guys thats what i needed to hear. I didn't want to waste too much time on it so if it is that complicated i wont worry bout it. I just thought it would cut out the chance of people ruining games coz of infighting (always a problem in survival maps) and add to the theme of feeling alone. I'll give that a shot cleez. Cheers!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.