Environment deformations and getting rid of them

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm using the action Environment - Create Terrain Deformation: Crater (with negative values to make it rise) to make mountains in my map, but I'm running into an issue trying to get rid of them. From what I've determined, there are two types of deformations: temporary and permanent. Now, there is an Environment - Stop All Terrain Deformations, but it only appears to work on temporary deformations, not permanent. And temporary deformations slowly approach their desired size, then immediately snap back to whatever it was before. So realistically, I only want to use permanent deformations, but then I can't get rid of them. And for the record, I'm wanting the mountains to stay for a long period of time, but I also want to be able to move them around.

Any ideas for how to (re)move mountains?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Creating mountain - make a permanent deformation.
Removing mountain - make a permanent deformation at the same location, but with the opposite magnitude. (since you're using negatives to make the mountain, use positives to get rid of it)
Moving mountain - remove old mountain and create new one.

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't know why I didn't think of that, thanks! I haven't been able to implement it in my main map, but I did a dummy map test to see if it worked and it looks like it does perfectly. Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.