Events based on evasion?

Scam_ent

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm helping a friend with his map (called Butter. It's a DotA style game, with a few twists) and one of the skills for a character of mine involves a chance to evade attacks, and increasing attack speed for a short time when you do. Is there a way of creating a trigger that works something along the lines of "Event: Unit succesfully evades an attack"?
Alternatively, is there a triggerless way of doing this? (i.e: doing this all in the abilities section)

Thanks for the help.

- Scam Ent

sheep

Reaction score
From the FAQ

HTML:
[PHP]Q: How do you detect bash, critical strike and evasion in the game?
A: You can't. You need to create an ability with 0 values, and create a trigger to handle the ability. Then the trigger creates an invisible dummy unit, and casts on the target afterwards, or another method to achieve the desired effect.

R

Ruination

I'm not sure how that answer is helpful. If you can't detect it then you can't create the dummy unit when you want, so that point is null.

Here is what I did for mine.

Code:
 Evasive Strikes
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Random integer number between 1 and 20) Less than or equal to 1
    Actions
        Set EvadedTarget = (Attacking unit)
        Set EvasiveStriker = (Attacked unit)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Evasive Strikes [evasion] for EvasiveStriker) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions

You would want a suitably balanced chance. Mine is only 5% because my test map has a lot of things attacking me. So you may want more like 15%. In WEU there is an action to increase a unit's attack rate I am pretty sure but if you use regular, you will need a dummy unit to cast a bloodlust type ability on your caster. You can remove the art if you choose. And of course you can shorten the duration to just a few seconds.

Scam_ent

Reaction score
thnks for all the help guys. We have decided to go about it a different way, just making it a random percentage everytime the unit is attacked instead of everytime he evades.

-Scam_Ent

R

Ruination

Actually that isn't going about it a different way--that is exactly what I suggested. Can I get no credit around here lol. I finally help someone c'mon!

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
ROFL

Ruination said:
Actually that isn't going about it a different way--that is exactly what I suggested. Can I get no credit around here lol. I finally help someone c'mon!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.