WIP Evolution RPG

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
also i forgot to mention dainshire looks a bit plain

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Verdant detailing will be added later. Like I said, just applying the skeletons right now.

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
I just found my way into this thread and even now before I test it for myself I have to say Iagree with all the posters here who have said this looks very intresting and promising indeed :)

I'll playtest asap :D

EDIT: btw, you might want to add a few screenshots to the main post, to make latecomers like mee keep reading (well, I obviously did anyway, but you know what I mean).
Keep up the good work mate :thup:

Chao

Reaction score
Great call. I added some of my favourite photos to the page (I'm not at home so I can't add new ones yet - sorryyyy!)

Update:
Content: 5% + 2%

That 2% took about 4 hours to put out, to give you an idea of how much I'm putting into this!
There's a max map size, I know... I'm not even a quarter of the way there, yet :D
I have put in questing systems, and I'm trying to establish cookie-cutter quest code so that the process will speed up. The Humans have a REALLLLLY unique system compared to the other races that I'm still establishing; instead of Evolving at the same location, there are now three branches of quests that will take you from one system to the other, then to three separate locations (a strange hermit leads the human to the mage-school in the main city (unnamed, as of this time!), the captain of the guard in the starting village, Polimoore, leads the human to a fighter's school, and a local sheriff is also an archery master, directing the human to the fletcher's guild).

Another fun fact about the three of these characters (the hermit, the guard, the sheriff) is that if a player/group of players attempts to lay seige on the village, they have to fight all three ;) I didn't make it easy to do, either!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
hmmm definatly going for the hermit or the sheriff xD
sounds nice, but complex :O

Chao

Reaction score
Complex in the triggers. As for what it appears as on the map, nothing to worry about ;)

Chao

Reaction score
Update:

Here's the Hero-Tester, redid a couple things, rebalanced a couple heroes, the terrain is now accessible right at the start of the map; mind you the terraining is all far from complete!

Quests are an extra 2%, still a lot of work to be done before any of the races can be labelled as playable past any point!
This is a busyyy week at work, because I'm going away this weekend and have to play catch-up before I even LEAVE, so unfortunately, progress is going to be slowed!

Attachments

• Evolution RPG 1.46 Hero Test Render Optimized.w3x
    932.8 KB · Views: 239

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
hurray another test! il give my input when i get time to test it

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
ok well some things i saw:
you can select the green agility runes and blue intel runes near like the tree of life and demon portal but you cant select the red (strength?) runes. also at the skull pile area i saw you edited the demon gate in object editor but you also have to edit the shadow from vertical gate to horizontal gate cuz there is a randome shadow line

might b somethings else il tell you when i see

Chao

Reaction score
Yes, I don't know what the rune issue is, I'll add locust to remove that because it shouldn't even really be a possibility, as for the shadow, thanks for the tip, I've been ahving random problems with them lately...

No updates for a bit, I get to go on vacation tomorrow! :D

Chao

Reaction score
Heeeee's baaaAAAaaack!

Hey, everyone! I see the last post and cordially apologize for the massive, 6.5-month bump, but things have been changing in my life and I wasn't much one for map editing for a long period of time. Over the past week I've thrown more nuggets onto my map than I care to recall and it's once again my pride and joy in lllife to work on! :D

At last update:
I began working on a questing system, but ran into a number of troubles, as I am nowhere near a master of "localization" and have no formal JASS training whatsoever. I have since decided that the acquisition of quests will no longer take place; "Quests" will occur behind the scenes, with awards given as things become done.

How?

By assigning groups of units (not Unit Groups, but actual factions/tribes/clans/clusters) to individual Point Values with arrays to represent player numbers that track the number of said units slain. When set numbers are killed they will achieve differing effects. Ex.

Killing a set number of a certain kind of enemy as a certain hero might unlock a different Evolution when the Tier height is met (if this is nonsensical to you, I suggest reading the initial post); it might also make that last enemy drop a quest reward, or a quest item to be given to an NPC (for a reward, in-turn :).)

What am I working on now?

Thanks for asking! If you've read the first few reports, and I'll assume you have :), you know that I've already completed 3 tiers of heroes.

Storytime!
I've made odds-and-ends games for YEARS for my closest few friends. THe best was one called Protect the Tree, where wave after wave of creep would fly down and we'd all have our AOE heroes doing AOE spells to AOE beat-the-living-pulp-outta-everything.
I decided to add this concept to Evolution RPG; I have a base menu with Story Mode (where said quests will kick in), Battle Mode (a work in progress arena-style map, more for dummying one another's heroes at will, whereas in Story Mode, encounters are seldom), and Arcade Mode. I never knew what to do with Arcade mode, until very, very recently. Now, it's Protect the Tree.

In order for that to be functionable, I ALSO made the executive decision to implement some Tier 4 heroes, and as such, I've been busy producing a number of them. See spoilers for a few of them.

Tier 4 Heroes!

I wanted Tier 4 to be very different. There are a number of triggered abilities in Tier 3 that are a blast to play with, but with these guys, I wanted it to be special. Here are two examples.

Please read: I am currently at work and therefore unable to provide screenshots. I hope my visions are clearly illustrated by the ability descriptions made available.

The Kinetic
Description: Renowned for her powerful mind, the Kinetic manipulates no element; just those around her.

Skills:

Push-The hero forces her kinetic energy to the ground, bursting it out in all directions.
Effect-Deals damage, stuns, and displaces all enemies 300 units backwards.

Force-The hero's attacks occasionally get charged with kinetic power, driving the attacked enemy backwards.
Effect-Deals additional damage, "pauses" the enemy unit, and shoves it backwards.

Slow-The hero manipulates her energies to tamper with the muscular foundations of her opponents, slowing their attack and movement speeds until the cantrip wears off.
Effect-Self-explanatory :p

Battlemage's Intuition-Years of training and honing her skills has given the hero a hardened mind, body and soul.
Effect-Passively increases the hero's movement speed, health, and mana regeneration.

Annihilate-***Ultimate!***-The pinnacle of her power, the Kinetic jolts the enemy with perpetual force, becoming more and more powerful as time wears on.
Effect-Activates Force and casts a debuff on the enemy that deals damage based on how far from its initial point it is for a short time (4 ticks per second, 2 seconds at level 1, 3 seconds at level 2).

The Samurai
Description: A mighty warrior, seeking only to die with honour.

Skills:

My Blade is my Soul - The Samurai's primary ability, this passively increases his attack damage and unlocks his on-chance abilities.
Effect-Adds damage, and increases the proc rate of his 3 passives.

Passives:
Desolate: Chance on attack to deal additional damage.
Bring Havoc: Chance on attack to greatly increases the hero's attack speed for a very short time.
Debilitate: Chance when attacked to reduce the opponent's damage and attack rate for a few seconds.

To Serve-The war-shout of the Samurai.
Effect-Massively increases the Samurai's damage and armor for a short time, and passively increases the damage done by Desolate.

Thicker than Rain-The Samurai's armor is not his only defense.
Effect-Increases the dodge chance of the hero, and passively increases the length of Bring Havoc.

To Protect-The Samurai beckons his nearest opponents to strike.
Effect-Taunts the closest X targets to attack, and passively increases the attack speed and damage reductions of Debilitate.

Tiger Strike-***Ultimate!***-The Samurai leaves time itself behind and teleports behind the enemy, stunning the enemy hero for a few vital moments before unleashing his fury.
Effect- Telepots behind the opponent, activates Debilitation on the target and Bring Havoc on himself and unleashes hell. :)

As a note, the 3 passive abilities are displayed in the tooltips of the abilities that improve them.

Progress:
Terrain: 25% +5%
Units: 45% +5%
Items: 10% +5%
Abilities: 45% +5%
Upgrades: 23% +3%
Systems: 50%
Content: 10% +5%

General info:
Players: 6
Heroes: 57 +6
Abilities: 262 (including attributed unit abilities) +a lot!

What I'm working on at present
- A few more Tier 4 heroes and their implementation into the Tiering-up System
- The creeps, their upgrades, and the balance based on the number of players for Protect the Tree mode.
- The spawning system for Protect the Tree mode.

FYI: for those who find the maps (they're a spoiler on one of the pages), the Protect the Tree minigame is expected to be played in the bottom-left of the map.

Chao

Reaction score
Ability screenshots!

Ice Flood:
"The Flayer cultivates her ability to manipulate water and turns it to ice, releasing a nova that deals primary damage and radial damage."
IceFlood.jpg

Annihilate:
"Activates the Kinetic's truest power, dealing damage to a single target based on the distance between the hero and the hapless opponent over time. Also activates Force, throwing the opponent backward."
Annihilate.jpg

Bonewall:
"The hero creates a massive, impassable bonewall out of nothing, which emits a piercing sound that slows nearby enemies by 60% every charge for 10 charges. The wall comes apart at the front, and summons skeletons to attack slowed units."
Right at the start of the ability
Bonewall2.jpg

Midway through the ability
Bonewall.jpg

Feel free to leave comments!:):thup:

-Chao

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.