Exceeding Max Move Speed help

theDTD

Reaction score
,is there any other way to exceed max move speed of a unit w/c is 522
,what im doing is triggering it with periodic event and moving unit instantly to point x while playing walk animation,
,any other ideas?? thnx for ay help. . .:)

theDTD

Reaction score
ok,
hmm, where can i +rep u hir?? ~_~
theres a lot of changes in this site since the last time i visited haha

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
You don't have to, but It's the little star under the picture, bottom left. Anyways, You can raise the max movespeed via Gameplay Constants I believe.

theDTD

Reaction score
,yeah, just like what i said in the first post of this thread, 522 is just the maximum speed that u can put,
,aniway, i havnt tried using the set unit move speed in the action trigger yet, ill try it when i got home . . .hope it'll work :)

Jedi

Reaction score
It won't work, it seems the only way to increase a unit's move speed over 522 is triggered movement.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Yeah, triggered movespeed would work, If you want the walk animation, you have to use X/Y coordinates and the "SetUnitX, SetUnitY JASS Actions

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
You don't necessarily have to use JASS Actions.. You can slide them using GUI. It's just moving the unit to a point instead of setting the unit's X and Y.

An example of how you'd do it, would be when ability is cast, save the angle from position of triggering unit to target point of ability, then add it to a unit group. Every 0.03 or so seconds, move the units in unit group towards the saved angle by a certain speed. Movement would be something like:

Set temppoint = position of triggering unit
Set temppoint2 = temppoint offset by 50.00(speed) towards saved angle
Move unit instantly to temppoint2

chobibo

Level 1 Crypt Lord
Reaction score
Yeah, skyblader is right. You also need to use the functions NeuroToxin mentioned, using the Custom Script. You should be able to pull this off since you already know how to slide units. Good luck.

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Using unit X and Y won't interrupt unit's animation, though. And when it's used for walking around, well...

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Yeah, skyblader is right. You also need to use the functions NeuroToxin mentioned, using the Custom Script. You should be able to pull this off since you already know how to slide units. Good luck.

To use the setunitX/Y you can still usea location, just at the top of your actions, do this
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Custom Script: local real x
    • Custom Script: local real y
    • //The rest of your actions blalalala
    • set point2 = point offset by X towards X angle
    • Custom Script: set x = GetLocX(udg_point2)
    • Custom Script: set y = GetLocY(udg_point2)
    • Custom Script: call SetUnitX(unit_that_you_want, x)
    • Custom Script: call SetUnitY(unit_that_you_want, y)

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
You don't necessarily have to use JASS Actions.. You can slide them using GUI. It's just moving the unit to a point instead of setting the unit's X and Y.

An example of how you'd do it, would be when ability is cast, save the angle from position of triggering unit to target point of ability, then add it to a unit group. Every 0.03 or so seconds, move the units in unit group towards the saved angle by a certain speed. Movement would be something like:

Set temppoint = position of triggering unit
Set temppoint2 = temppoint offset by 50.00(speed) towards saved angle
Move unit instantly to temppoint2

That is a bad idea. It would interrupt the unit's current orders, which is counter-productive to what he is trying to do. Neurotoxin's solution is best. Use SetUnitX/Y functions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.