Experince Gain Questions

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Okey I have no clue how the experiance gain works.

Is there a certain range which units gain experiance within or is it global. I ask this since I saw some of my neutral hostile heroes gained level when we died, and we were very far away.

Which units gets experiance? Only the killer, allies of the killer or enemies of the dying unit?

Can I change so that the experiance gain works on another way?

SwedishChef

Reaction score
It was thanks. Sad that Ace left so much wisdom there :). Look on my other questions and see if you have an answer.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score

Is there a certain range which units gain experiance within or is it global. I ask this since I saw some of my neutral hostile heroes gained level when we died, and we were very far away.

Which units gets experiance? Only the killer, allies of the killer or enemies of the dying unit? only the killers will AND only the heroes close to the dying unit

how do you want to change it? more details

in theory the way experience works is only heroes get experiences...

scenario
if player 1 and player 2 are allies, and if player 3 and player 4 are allies...
player 1's hero is killed by player 3's hero; then all the heroes near player 1's dying hero will get experience divided amongst each other.. (total experience/number of heroes) player 4's hero won't get any experience unless if he is there close to the dying hero.. player 1 and player 2's heroes won't lose any experience, but won't gain any either..

you can change almost anything in gameplay constants... read up on ace's tutorial as he explains it pretty well...

Ignitedstar

Reaction score

Is there a certain range which units gain experience within or is it global. I ask this since I saw some of my neutral hostile heroes gained level when we died, and we were very far away.

Which units gets experiance? Only the killer, allies of the killer or enemies of the dying unit?

It's kind of funny. Your questions are a little vague, but the answers some people gave you are even more vague.

Because Global EXP Distribution is set to True by default, all allied heroes gain a portion of experience no matter where they are. This includes neutral heroes because they are more or less allied with everyone (i.e. Neutral owns neutral buildings that you can use, like the tavern, mercenary camps, and shops). If you want to stop Neutral heroes from gaining experience, there is a trigger for that. Hero - Enable/Disable Experience for [Unit]. You may be able to turn it off for Neutral all together by a trigger under Player, but I'm not so sure about this.

Remember that there's a difference between the experience a hero gets when they're close by and Global EXP Distribution, where a small percent of the experience is given to every allied hero in the map. There's another Gameplay Constant that affects the range an allied hero has to be in, in order to get the experience from units and heroes that you and your allies kill.

Currently, the experience table that is usable via Gameplay Constants is the default way of setting how much experience heroes gain. Note that the table that gives experience under Gameplay Constants works by the unit's level and hero's level if the unit giving experience is a hero. Unless you want to set up the values yourself (which you easily can), this is where the table starts to get unfriendly. If you don't want to use the table, you can easily trigger experience gain yourself. As in matter of fact, certain people have already begun making resources for this.

It's hard to answer your last question, because "another way" is a lot of ways.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Okey so how to turn of the global then? And basically you answered my last question with all that info. Finally a real answer :p, thank you.

Ignitedstar

Reaction score
Let's see if I can get a picture up. This is better than me saying it in words. I haven't touched any of the values.

Example.JPG

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.