Feature: Delete

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Probably just Moderators, because I don't see anything like that. It must not be only me that can delete posts now, but all members, I don't know.

And, by the way, what's 'soft delete'?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
*Sigh*

I have no delete-my-own-post option and for that I'm very upset.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I have expanded your membership and given you some extra customization - and you can delete your own posts :)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Rinpun, read the 'What the hey' thread I made, it talks about special members. It's for only a few of us that the Administrators pick. Have you ever heard of the Respected Members on wc3campaigns? It's just like that, but we only have a few options, which are rather cool. It's kinda like giving moderator positions to the people who shouldn't be moderators or are too young, if I'm correct. :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was just joking around :D

I don't care if there's a delete option or not. Helpful? Yes. Needed? No.

But thanks for the option :D

S

Spastic

XXconanXXX said:
Rinpun, read the 'What the hey' thread I made, it talks about special members. It's for only a few of us that the Administrators pick. Have you ever heard of the Respected Members on wc3campaigns? It's just like that, but we only have a few options, which are rather cool. It's kinda like giving moderator positions to the people who shouldn't be moderators or are too young, if I'm correct. :)

Um, what does age have to do with anything? Maturity is what it's about.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Spastic said:
Um, what does age have to do with anything? Maturity is what it's about.

Which is why I'm a moderator on a forum for a text-based MMORPG...or at least partially why.

They usually grade by age--at about 16-18...because most 13-14 year olds can't spell or think or have a way with getting things done. I was the only 13-year old accepted (I'm 14 now, FYI). Not like 16-18 year olds are any different, but it's easier to pick people out of such a group and hopefully there are a few there who were mature enough in their young teenager days...therefore making amazing moderators.

S

Spastic

xxxconanxxx said:
Why can't you jsut be a normal member like everyone else? I don't see the problem with that, it's better to just help and give your opinions rather than whining about your powers, because the Administrators will pick who gets powers and who doesn't.

Who's whining? Perhaps you should consult a dictionary.

Ripun's post and mine were to point out the fallacy in your post, not to complain. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Edit : why did you delete your post? Abuse of power anyone?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I strongly oppose the ability for users to delete there own threads. The reason being that when you delete a whole thread you delete a bunch of other posts. In my perfect world, you guys would only be able to edit your posts the first 5 minutes after you posted them and that would be it. However, I don't have enough mods to do implement that even if I thought I could convince them to do that.

I don't even like Conan deleting his threads because sometimes he deletes other peoples posts but I think he is learning in this forum - and hell I had to learn as well - so he gets to delete his own posts. He is a regular - if you are afraid of getting your post deleted then don't post on his threads.

If you hang around a while, get some good reputation, and show you are mature - age is not a factor - it is maturity level. The whole thing in this forum is how you interact with people - and of course if you are willing to help. That's it.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Nicely put. Perhaps instead of deleting a stupid thread of mine I should think before I post that crap? (If you haven't noticed, hehe...)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.