WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Feedback TD ALPHA
Created By: Wolfie[NoCT]

Current Version:
ALPHA

Just a little note
Thanks to all the people who have helped with this map.
Thanks to all the testers who will be testing it also.
I've sort of rushed this ALPHA out so people could play it and I could get feedback.
Some things don't work as they're supposed to, and I will fix these in the real version.
Please, read the comments in this thread, don't post a bug/glitch someone has already posted.
Also, don't PM me bugs/glitches, these messages will be deleted.
Please remember, this is an ALPHA version.
It is not meant to be perfect or publicly released [outside of TH.net] in anyway.
It has only been released here.
The map has been 'protected', if you want to have it to look at something,
PM me and I will send it to you and/or help you with what you want.
[del]Also, I will make this thread more colorful and appealing later.[/del]
Again, thanks and I hope you enjoy Feedback TD!

Update On BETA Version
Expected Release Date: Thursday, December 26, 2008.

Creeps: 25/25 : 100% Complete
Triggers: 7/7 : 100% Complete
Bugs: 2/2 : 100% Complete
Fixes: 4/4 : 100% Complete
New Ideas: 3/3 : 100% Complete
Spreadsheet: 100/100 : 100% Complete
Tooltips: 42/42 : 100% Complete

Overall: 183/183 : 100% Complete

Waiting for a mod to close this thread so I can start a new one for the BETA.

Note:
The Uber Hex on the Morph Tower is bugged,
Creeps will attack your tower after Hex is over.
This will be fixed in the real version.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Description

The archmage Belial has become a mentor to all evil.
He has taught them to channel their mana into a shield, to use their energy as vitality.
You must protect the land, and destroy all the monsters that come through!
- - - - -
Before every wave, you receive 6 Ivory Towers to maze with.
These towers do no damage, they are just for mazing.
Your builder is the one who constructs your damage towers.
There is three different groups of towers:
  • Basic Towers
  • Offensive Towers
  • Defensive Towers
Basic Towers are your Guard and Cannon towers.
They are the first towers you can build and is what gets you started!
The Offensive Towers are just what the name says, for offense.
They have attacks and spells that hurt the enemy.
Defensive Towers are ones that help you and your own towers.

Game information is map load to 1 minute.
Game start is 1 minute.

Project Information

Game Type: TD
Maximum Players: 8
Recommended Players: 1-8
Average Game Time: 25+ minutes
File Size: 102 KB
Tileset: Cityscape
Dimensions: 128x96
Playable Area: 116x84
Version: ALPHA, Public TH.net Test.
Download Links: Attachment at bottom for ALPHA.

Features
  • 18 towers
  • 6 spells
  • 25 waves of creeps
  • Special waves
  • Strategic tower placing required
  • In-game clock
  • Leaderboard to track lives left
  • User friendly interface
  • Symmetrical terrain
  • Unique builder skill
  • New innovative, unique concept
  • Unique mazing system
  • More to come...

Up And Coming Features

- More towers
- More tower skills
- More waves
- Balance everything
- More special waves
- Enhanced tooltips
- A new Builder skill
- Fix all bugs and glitches reported
- Lots more!

Screenshots will be added as they are submitted.
Constructive criticism is welcomed, flaming is NOT.

Refer here for a perfect example of constructive critism.

I hope you enjoy Feedback TD ALPHA.
Good luck, and have fun!

Screenshots
WC3ScrnShot_112208_162425_04.jpg

BETA Info

Fixed/Changed Things:
- Hex Tower's Uber Hex
- Welcome text
- Made skill "Prod"
- Quest Log text
- Ivory Tower "Drop item to..." text
- A new Builder skill
- Added "Evasion" special waves
- Added "Armored" special waves
- Fixed all bugs and glitches reported
- Minor change to creepTimer window
- Waves 1-5 are now easier, and the rest are harder
- Creeps now go to proper checkpoints, in order
- 25 new waves

New Builder Skill:
Judgement Day
Creates a catastrophic reign of chaos that dominates everything in it's path.
What does it do?
You'll have to wait and see ;) !

Evasion Waves
Every 12 waves
Gives the unit a 5% chance to dodge an attack.
If the dodge is successful, the unit gains life equal to the attacking tower's damage.

Armored Waves
Every 3 waves, starting on wave 21
Since units have a base of 522 movement speed after wave 18, I decided to change "Fast" special waves, to "Armored" after this point.
Armored waves have two times the amount of armor of the previous wave.

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
This td is definately different than any other one i played, took me 2 shots to know what to do, but i finally looked at the minimap and the spawn ping (i'm slow)

This could potentially be one of the best TDs when some of the things get fixed in it, but other than the few noticeable glitches it was nice. I know this is alpha but ill just post some of the really easy fixes.

First, i gotta say,

I love you.<3

Second, i gotta say, is i took a few screenies (work in progress on uploading ) of just my mazes and such.

Third, some towers you may want to check out are the hex tower (when you hex a group of mobs, they get pissed and start attacking your towers)

-The ultimate tower is technically unfeasable, at the end of the game i had like 1k gold, and it costs 5k.

-The second and third wave could be slightly easier, and the rest of the waves could be a lot harder.

<><><> All in all, great map, i understand its alpha, so its not perfect, just thought i'd help and point out some crap<><><>

Good job with this TD, especially for the timespan.

***Posted Some Screens***

WC3ScrnShot_112208_162504_05.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_112208_162425_04.jpg

hunterrravyn

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Nice work WolfieNoCT havent been able to test it yet, but it looks great

The screens that Glaivesrit posted makes it look quite intresting

:thup: Good work

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
glaivesrit said:
This td is definately different than any other one i played, took me 2 shots to know what to do, but i finally looked at the minimap and the spawn ping (i'm slow)

glaivesrit said:
This could potentially be one of the best TDs when some of the things get fixed in it, but other than the few noticeable glitches it was nice. I know this is alpha but ill just post some of the really easy fixes.
Wow, thank you!
And yes, I know there's some glitches as I mentioned :p .

glaivesrit said:
First, i gotta say, I love you.<3
:p , thanks.

glaivesrit said:
Third, some towers you may want to check out are the hex tower (when you hex a group of mobs, they get pissed and start attacking your towers)
Yeah, the Uber Hex was one of the glitches I didn't fix for release, sorry.

glaivesrit said:
-The ultimate tower is technically unfeasable, at the end of the game i had like 1k gold, and it costs 5k.
I never really meant for people to be able to get it as it's so overpowered :p .
It's just there to make people want something they can't have, for now anyways.

glaivesrit said:
-The second and third wave could be slightly easier, and the rest of the waves could be a lot harder.
I will definitely take this into consideration if there are more comments verifying this :) .

glaivesrit said:
<><><> All in all, great map, i understand its alpha, so its not perfect, just thought i'd help and point out some crap<><><>
Good job with this TD, especially for the timespan.
Thank you, and don't worry, I did a public test for the sole reason of getting feedback like yours! And I will post your screenshots in the original post :D !

hunterrravyn said:
Nice work WolfieNoCT havent been able to test it yet, but it looks great
The screens that Glaivesrit posted makes it look quite intresting
:thup: Good work
Thanks!
Looking forward to your feedback!

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
Last bit of feedback i'll give. I played it again, cept this time i needed to end it early because of :

NOOOO.jpg

I don't even need to say it, but i will anyway. some sort of prod on the builders would fix this in no time.

The last feedback i'll give is me getting owned by the towers:

derer.jpg
If you can see, blue is attacking my towers over the wall.

Just posted some screens cuz A, im overzealous about screenshots now that i have a converter :) and B, so you know where i'm talking about. Besides those things it looked A-ok to me.

Both are pretty simple. Good luck, and I await your actual release!

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Glaivesrit said:
Last bit of feedback i'll give. I played it again, cept this time i needed to end it early because of :
NOOOO.jpg
Oh wow, that never happened to me :p .
I'll be sure to add a "prod" for the real version.

Glaivesrit said:
The last feedback i'll give is me getting owned by the towers:
derer.jpg
If you can see, blue is attacking my towers over the wall.
Re-uploaded the map with allied properties fixed, thanks for pointing that out!

Glaivesrit said:
Both are pretty simple. Good luck, and I await your actual release!
Thanks for your feedback!
+rep.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I like your map, I'm willing to test it as long as you stop booting me from all your dota games ;)

Thanks for your feedback!

bwa ha ha bad pun x]

But really, this could go somewhere. The concept is brilliant, but the execution is only o.k. Also, I think Illidan is a little too big... ;) You might want to tint him darker too, and give him some red glows on his eyes or something.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Ghostwind said:
But really, this could go somewhere. The concept is brilliant, but the execution is only o.k.
Could you explain so I can make it better?
Ghostwind said:
Also, I think Illidan is a little too big... ;) You might want to tint him darker too, and give him some red glows on his eyes or something.
Illidan is supposed to be big :p .
His Collision Size is only 1, so it doesn't really matter how big he is ;) .
I'll be looking forward to your reply when you test it :) .

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Oh this is hard. :)

Very cool and unique idea. :thup:

BUG FOUND: I mazed them so that they go to Checkpoint 3 first so they have to walk a longer distance to Checkpoint 1, but then they ended up only walking to checkpoint 2, then to 3, and final. They skipped 1!

MAJOR BUG FOUND: If you maze them so that they do not go to their designated checkpoint, they just skip that checkpoint. Next thing, they ended up going to checkpoint 3 only. The maze wasn't blocked by my towers - they were blocked because I slowed them too much, so they piled up, and the ones in the back counted as being blocked, even though it wasn't, and they started attacking my towers and skipping all the checkpoints.

MINOR BUG FOUND: There were two cannon towers next to each other. Both of them were level three. One of them was about like size of level three. The other was the size of level one.

But I still owned it. :) It's too easy towards the end. Once you get a steady maze and a few towers, you win!

Suggestion: Allow players to sell their Ivory Towers. I had to keep attacking them. :D

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score

Could you explain so I can make it better?

Illidan is supposed to be big :p .
His Collision Size is only 1, so it doesn't really matter how big he is ;) .
I'll be looking forward to your reply when you test it :) .

Grrr well I was trying to pm you on bnet but you didn't respond. I tried to get khanub to tell you too, but he didn't respond either.

So I tested it and...
I like the game, but the reason I think the execution is only "ok" is because it needs an atmosphere (like dark or something... some kind of theme), and overall more aesthetic value. I guess this is because it's an alpha version, but still, for the beta I want to see SFX and fog and lighting and all that awesome shit.
Furthermore I think the concept of Illidan as a final boss is way overused. Try something more interesting like Ragnaros.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
thewrongvine said:
Oh this is hard. :)
Very cool and unique idea. :thup:
Thanks, glad you thought so!
thewrongvine said:
BUG FOUND: I mazed them so that they go to Checkpoint 3 first so they have to walk a longer distance to Checkpoint 1, but then they ended up only walking to checkpoint 2, then to 3, and final. They skipped 1!
Wait...They went to 3, 2, 3, 4, end?
thewrongvine said:
MAJOR BUG FOUND: If you maze them so that they do not go to their designated checkpoint, they just skip that checkpoint. Next thing, they ended up going to checkpoint 3 only. The maze wasn't blocked by my towers - they were blocked because I slowed them too much, so they piled up, and the ones in the back counted as being blocked, even though it wasn't, and they started attacking my towers and skipping all the checkpoints.
Hmm, I'll check into this.
thewrongvine said:
MINOR BUG FOUND: There were two cannon towers next to each other. Both of them were level three. One of them was about like size of level three. The other was the size of level one.
This has never happened to me :confused: :p , I'll check into this as well.
thewrongvine said:
But I still owned it. :) It's too easy towards the end. Once you get a steady maze and a few towers, you win!
Thanks, this has been mentioned to make the first few waves easier, and later ones harder, I will note this down, thank you.
thewrongvine said:
Suggestion: Allow players to sell their Ivory Towers. I had to keep attacking them. :D
Ahh yes!
I forgot the Sell Tower spell on the Ivory Tower's, thanks for saying that.
I'll +rep if you could please explain your second point better!

Ghostwind said:
Grrr well I was trying to pm you on bnet but you didn't respond. I tried to get khanub to tell you too, but he didn't respond either.
Sorry, my messages are all blocked on Battle.net now.
Ghostwind said:
So I tested it and...
I like the game, but the reason I think the execution is only "ok" is because it needs an atmosphere (like dark or something... some kind of theme), and overall more aesthetic value. I guess this is because it's an alpha version, but still, for the beta I want to see SFX and fog and lighting and all that awesome shit.
I really don't want to have any imported things, at least for now.
I want to keep the file size small for users.
There will definetely be more "eye-candy" and that in the real version, because as you said, this is an Alpha.
Fog is removed indefintely, but lighting can be changed for areas.
Ghostwind said:
Furthermore I think the concept of Illidan as a final boss is way overused. Try something more interesting like Ragnaros.
Illidan is the level 25 boss, when I start adding more waves, he will stay at level 25, so don't think he's the last boss forever ;) .
Thanks for the input, +rep!

Keep the comments/bugs/glitches/feedback coming TH.net.
More screenshots would be appreciated :) .

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Well not fog of war. What I mean is fog like distance fog.

Go to the Scenario menu in WE and then click the scenario options tab. You should see a little check box that says "use distance fog". Set the start Z value to 0, the end Z value to 4000, and the color to whatever you want.

Also, you keep booting me from dota games. That I don't know why :\

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Ghostwind said:
Well not fog of war. What I mean is fog like distance fog.
Go to the Scenario menu in WE and then click the scenario options tab. You should see a little check box that says "use distance fog". Set the start Z value to 0, the end Z value to 4000, and the color to whatever you want.
I'll check into this, thank you.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Planned Points: Checkpoint 1 > 2 > 3 > End

My Block: Mazes to Checkpoint 3 > End > 2 > 1 - so that in order to get to Checkpoint 1, they must go all the way to Checkpoint 1 and then walk the maze around "3 > End > 2" and then to > 1 and then back to 2, etc.

Mess-Up: As planned, the maze forces them to go to Checkpoint 3, then to End, then the Checkpoint 2, but then they stop at Checkpoint 2, and go back to Checkpoint 3. They skipped checkpoint 1.

Continue: If you maze more, they eventually end up skipping checkpoint 2, and straight to 3 > End.

Block Problem: If the units block themselves, it counts as the player blocking with towers, and then they will attack the towers for no reason.

Well, I hope that clears things up. If you want, I can make a picture of my layout and what happened.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
thewrongvine said:
Planned Points: Checkpoint 1 > 2 > 3 > End
My Block: Mazes to Checkpoint 3 > End > 2 > 1 - so that in order to get to Checkpoint 1, they must go all the way to Checkpoint 1 and then walk the maze around "3 > End > 2" and then to > 1 and then back to 2, etc.
Mess-Up: As planned, the maze forces them to go to Checkpoint 3, then to End, then the Checkpoint 2, but then they stop at Checkpoint 2, and go back to Checkpoint 3. They skipped checkpoint 1.
Continue: If you maze more, they eventually end up skipping checkpoint 2, and straight to 3 > End.
Block Problem: If the units block themselves, it counts as the player blocking with towers, and then they will attack the towers for no reason.
Well, I hope that clears things up. If you want, I can make a picture of my layout and what happened.
Oh wow, I will have to check into this...
Maybe send me the picture in a PM would be helpful, thanks for reporting this!

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Oh, I played it again today on bnet and when I joined dota after it there were purple cubes all over the place. You might want to use a different optimizer/protector, use Vexorian's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.