File size of Blizzads models/skins so small?

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
How do blizzard get their models and skins so small in file size? When I import the models I'd like to use, well it's not really the model but the skin file size is huge, but blizzards seem to be tiny.

Any thing special they do to make this so?

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
How do blizzard get their models and skins so small in file size? When I import the models I'd like to use, well it's not really the model but the skin file size is huge, but blizzards seem to be tiny.

Any thing special they do to make this so?

i think its because their actually created INTO the game.. im not sure really

___

Offtopic: hey im aucks too man in NZ (= kool

W

WoodenGuitar

Erm... what do you mean of the file size, and how big is the Blizzards' file size you talking about?:confused:
by the way, how big is your file size?:p

Choppa

Reaction score
The size of the file in kilobytes, mine are around 200 which increases the map size by 200 but if I use a unit from warcraft it doesn't even go up by 5.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
The size of the file in kilobytes, mine are around 200 which increases the map size by 200 but if I use a unit from warcraft it doesn't even go up by 5.

Thats because their built into the editor, if your meaing you use a footman as a model, where if you use imported they take up space, its because their built in.

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
Blizzards Models simply are in the game. So they load right off the disk or whatever when you play it. They are more than likely the same size as the average user made model but because they are a part of the game they don't increase the file size by very much while your models are imported and only made part of the map.

Choppa

Reaction score
OH I see so they are kind of like short cuts to the real model which is held in the user computer, ok I understand now, thanks all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.