WIP First Person Shooter Project

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
if hes useing fade filters the nthe map size is goan be off the charts seeing how there are animations and everything

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Wow, this looks great. Can't wait for the finished map :)

Works in multilayer. So far test with LC on bnet is lag free.
I'm curious as to how it's gonna be played multiplayer. Will it be deathmatch, objective based, cooperative, or is all that being kept secret for a while?

How does 1mb sound?
Sounds good to me :D

Reaction score
I'd like the gun more, if it was place a bit to the right side. That way it wouldn't hide the center of the screen.

punwisp

Reaction score
Wow when i first saw this thread I was like "WTF?FPS? for WC3? Wtf" though when I saw the video, i thought it was pretty sweet

G

Gafandriel

Oh, makes sense.

Very trippy, I look forward to seeing its final ^_^

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
That looks amazing. :D

I'd love to start playing this on B.net. I don't think Blizzard knew how powerful their editor was when they made this game... this is crazy. Get it working! :D

Zaraf

Reaction score

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
RtC isn't fully compatible with multi-player at the moment and it would be a large deficiency because many people have trouble installing it. And the FPS system is a little complex and requires JASS rather than GUI.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Thats some pretty cool stuff for a mod, unfortunately I don't know how to make that kind of stuff so I am bound by GUI and a hint of Jass. So for the time being, there will be no plans to use any sort of mod or cursor detectables, but we are always looking for ways to reduce keyboard detection lag.

About the weapon position, it has been decided we will not have any left or right positioned guns with crosshairs as it just didn't look or feel right while using the arrow keys it just didn't have a satisfying nor fluent feeling so I am going to keep it to double ironsights. Future releases could change them a bit but for now it is small and large iron sights.

I will have to comment on the previous note by uareanoob with the file size. As of right now, the map has more than doubled in file size due to the extremely large compliation of animations for both Ironsight rifle and Sniper rifle and their sound counterparts. There is no doubt however, that it will be reduced in later versions.

I haven't accomplished much at the moment with the progression of the project this past week but I can create a list of what has and what will be done in the project. There is alot more to list than what was mentioned in the topic post. The map is coming along quite a bit slower than anticipated, but it will start to speed itself back up soon. Expect a "Test Version" within the next week or two, as well as a few more WIP's for the time being. I am sure there will be plenty of bugs to find and fix as well as many suggestions as well as a stress test to see how many high connection players can fit in one game while staying playable. Thus far, we have not tried more than 3 players. If we can not support more players than that, it will be very discouraging so we may have to look for possibilities on reducing as much lag as possible.

averes

Reaction score
This looks incredible! But isn't there a fair amount of lag, singleplayer/LC or not when using events tied to the arrow keys? Also, no idea if its possible but it'd be pretty cool if you could end up removing all the GUI but the minimap. It really does remind me of CoD. Can't wait to see a demo of how you make the sniper rifle work.

swe_suffer

Reaction score
RtC can be played in multiplayer, using WarSoc. WarSoc can also be used to allow more players to connect to the map, sadly, its rather complicated..

Just a little "reminder"

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Something tells me this is not RtC, this is just a simple shooter map that people can play on bnet without some fancy program shit.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Hmm..Lag Free?

So I made tetris and i couldnt even get single player to be lag free. doesnt it take about after you click a key to have the game be able to use it. maybe it doesnt in your game its not a issue. but .1 sec for input delay would be noticeable in your game. Just wounding what inputs you used? and if i am on the right track at all

MindWorX

Reaction score
Very nice FPS :) Watch out with using fadefilters tho, cause if you want some real environment lights like in the FPS of mine, it'll make fadefilters all black sadly. But if you're not going to use that then it's okay. :) I'm the maker of RtC btw and i agree, not everything has to be about RtC since in it's current state it's very limited.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.