WIP First Person Shooter Project

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Very nice FPS :) Watch out with using fadefilters tho, cause if you want some real environment lights like in the FPS of mine, it'll make fadefilters all black sadly. But if you're not going to use that then it's okay. :) I'm the maker of RtC btw and i agree, not everything has to be about RtC since in it's current state it's very limited.

Oh no its not like that. We know RtC is great. Its just that we going for b.net playability. Your FPS system is amazing. We never said it was bad.

http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/allahthealmighty/

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Right now, both guns are being finalized, as well as knife. Me being a perfectionist, it may be sometime next week before any kind of test map and is subject to change as well. I want to get the main core of the map debugged before any "Beta". The map is still in its construction phase so upcoming tests will be mainly to test the maps player capacity and playability, and if its low we will have to tone down on content. If it is rediculously unplayable online, then it may craft itself into a LAN map instead but we are hoping that wont be the case. After that, there will most likely be a suggestion topic and bug reports if the Beta manages to hold itself together.

All map releases will be posted here that are before Beta's.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Hm... those screenshots make this looks real promising. :thup:

If you need a tester, I'm here.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Well if you ever need a tester ill be there. Btw this looks like the single most best wc3 map EVER!! I'm gad to see its not just one weapon, those screenshots look really cool, i really like the scope. Very nice work! Wish i could map like that.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Here is another WIP. It is sucky because I am terribad at anything movie oriented but basically it is just to show the good and the bad of sofar. It is still pretty glitchy as expected, but it should get smoother in the future. Interiors in the current map are just experiments to see what can be handled on screen and what works and doesn't for "multi-level" fighting. Multi-level fighting in my terms, just simply means there will eventually be stairs and select roofs/platforms you can go on and shoot from, but is not fully functional yet as it does not accurately detect the hitboxes 100% of the time.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WyaKnPpmDQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WyaKnPpmDQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

U are a noob

Reaction score
Update: Ok so my and tricky have been doing extensive testing and so far Garena makes it so you have 100% no delay and no lag.
Update 2: We are doing a complete town overhaul. Most buildings will have insides now.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Pointing the sniper seems kinda slow. Especially if the target was moving. But, it looks awesome!

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Any clue when this will be out for beta testing?? I cant wait to test it! To bad i cant host on b.net, but im sure there will be like 50 games of the beta of this hosted like right when it comes out. Keep up the good work :thup:

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Hey guys, i love the vids of ur guy's map so far. And i have a couple idea's for future virsions:
Flash Grenade: Throughs a grenade that blows up not deal damage but temperalily blinding and defining all people too close to it.(idea from CoD4)
Grenade: Throughs a grenade blowing up dealing massive AoE damage.
Air Strike: Calls down a plane to fly over a targeted spot on the radar (mini-map) and drop a bomb.

(I noticed this is a civil war era type game and i dont know if they had flash grenades, but im pretty sure they had grenades and air strikes.) Let me know if u like em. ^_^ Gl again cant w8 to test it :thup:

U are a noob

Reaction score
Hey guys, i love the vids of ur guy's map so far. And i have a couple idea's for future virsions:
Flash Grenade: Throughs a grenade that blows up not deal damage but temperalily blinding and defining all people too close to it.(idea from CoD4)
Grenade: Throughs a grenade blowing up dealing massive AoE damage.
Air Strike: Calls down a plane to fly over a targeted spot on the radar (mini-map) and drop a bomb.

(I noticed this is a civil war era type game and i dont know if they had flash grenades, but im pretty sure they had grenades and air strikes.) Let me know if u like em. ^_^ Gl again cant w8 to test it :thup:

We are planning on some grenades. Estimate beta is July 15.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
The Models... Arms, Weapons and Stuff...
Look like they were taken from Call Of Duty or Wolfen ET...
Anways, pretty nice Game ^^
I wonder, how big is it's Filesize, so that you can Play Bnet?

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
U are a Noob and xxxtrickyxxx said the file size is 1mb, yes almost lag free on b.net, and the arms and guns arn't models they are fadefilters XD

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Beta will be a while as Uareanoob posted, but a stresstest version will be out soon. This will mainly be for performance testing and the difficulty. It has a moderately difficult learning curve getting used to arrow keys only, but once you become accustomed to it, it gets quite easy to kill people. The sniper rifle is working great and is ready for the testing, however the rifle is in need of revamping and may be revised depending on what the people testing think. We will post a date and time for the testing, it will not be the Beta, as it will not consist of features the Beta will most likely have. Testers will need to have fast internet and will have to download a third party lan hosting program. The assigned client will be decided at that time, as of right now Garena has helped with the lag greatly. It may not be playable on bnet with many players. Garena is not any kind of modification to wc3 that is needed to play the map, but it simply allows online players to connect via lan instead of bnet for greater connection speeds and far less lag. It gets rid of those annoying arrow key delays.

the map size is goign to be in the 2mb range instead of 1mb now, and the town overhaul had problems with all the interiors not working with the FPV so I had to come up with another way, resulting in less interior and detail so that has held back the testing date.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Hey Tricky, going to the next level with your sniper type games eh? Mind if I try it out with you sometime?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score

More like World War I, when the civil war happen planes were not invented yet.

I suggest you get ranks based on your experience or kills, If its a military game its always nice to get promoted

Private -> Corporal -> Sergeant -> Warrant Officer -> 2nd Lieutenant -> 1st Lieutenant -> Captain -> Major -> Lieutenant Colonel -> Colonel -> Brigadier General -> Lieutenant General -> Commander General

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
from the choppyness of the animations, it looks like your useing fade filters. is this going to be a multiplayer or singleplayer map, cuz theres a filesize limit for multiplayer

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.