Health Florida man complains of migraines — docs find tapeworm in his brain from eating undercooked bacon

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
He needed a hambulance.

A 52-year-old Florida man thought to be suffering from severe migraines was actually battling a bizarre tapeworm infestation in his brain — caused by eating undercooked bacon.

The unnamed patient, whose tale of medical woe recently wriggled its way into the American Journal of Case Reports, had been complaining of week-long, aggressive headaches over a four-month period after consuming the pesky pork product.

Experts said the individual’s “lifelong preference for soft bacon” wasn’t the sole cause of the specific, bizarre ailment — but rather that the breakfast favorite had gone bad, with undercooking leaving the man exceptionally vulnerable.

The perfect storm situation led to a case of neurocysticercosis — the scientific term for a parasite laying eggs that infect numerous regions of the body.

Even more disgusting — neurocysticercosis can be contagious.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
How the fuck does a tapeworm get into bacon? I don't know much about this one, but I know the curing process isn't super effective against parasitic worms - usually there is a freezing process involved for that in the manufacturing process. I wonder if this was homemade or something? Trichinosis is pretty much only spread through people not properly handling wild game meat, it's basically nonexistent in commercially available products. Obviously different than this, but I'd imagine the same process is widely applicable to killing parasites. The article doesn't say much about what he actually ate, but now I'm going to have to go on a paranoid info search to learn about worms.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.