Other Footmen Frenzy Elite AI

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
It sounds as though the lag is being created simply because there are too many objects on the map. I hope/assume you preload all of your units into the map on map init? (makes a long load time, but gets rid of lag spikes) Possibly add in a trigger as the game goes on to remove all destructables from the map? Then unused buildings, anything the game doesn't need to be played. I ended up having to make a text command -lagless that does all of that at once. It isn't AMAZING, but it helps. Also, if people mass tomes, the item is still on the ground (you can see a little sparkle) and those will create mass lag. I've seen a trigger before on how to clean them up. Make sure you got that, if tomes are involved. Also, a very basic, is to limit the number of triggers running at the same time.

^^Just a few general things that I have had to do in the past month to deal with some problems.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Tomes arent often massed its not the smartest idea xD

Right now i have noticed that my spawning trigger (created by RushHour) is much more efficient and makes the game much less spikey. I forgot to put my preloading trigger on in the last release =/ I hate waiting so long to load when testing xD

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I normally mass tomes because of the lack of combo items.

I noticed that some of the custom heros have the exact same abilities as the warcraft heroes, just with them from a few different heroes. I think that it should be quality and originality over quantity.

The game is best with 2v2v2v2 since there isn't too much lag and there are still a lot of players. :)

What's with 65% evasion btw. That alone makes the DH super powerful. I don't think that powerful heroes should be nerfed but all the others should be buffed. When your hero has less damage and health than the normal unit it get's useless.

Still better than most footmen frenzy's out there though. AI ftw.

HeX.16

Reaction score
I normally mass tomes because of the lack of combo items.

I find tomes are a gold waster =/ so you would suggest i put in more recipes?

I noticed that some of the custom heros have the exact same abilities as the warcraft heroes, just with them from a few different heroes. I think that it should be quality and originality over quantity.

Tavern 3 is filled with heroes much like that, they were/are in the original footmen frenzy so i put them as transition heroes for new players. I have though about removing them. With the exception of some.

The game is best with 2v2v2v2 since there isn't too much lag and there are still a lot of players. :)

I also tend to play 2 on a team, for the same reasons. Hopefully the next version will be less laggy =) I have had over +/-200 leaks fixed and the spawn trigger redone in vJass thanks to RushHour and Komaqtion

What's with 65% evasion btw. That alone makes the DH super powerful. I don't think that powerful heroes should be nerfed but all the others should be buffed. When your hero has less damage and health than the normal unit it get's useless.

DH is a very hard hero to balance as he has 4 of the best skills in footmen frenzy. Mana Burn(shuts down early game), Evasion(cant touch him), immolation(insane damage in a large area every second) and Metamophasis(Huge hp increase, Ranged attack and a good Splash attack).

Still better than most footmen frenzy's out there though. AI ftw.

Still was not accepted at TheHiveWorkShop though i only tried with Version 1.3 xD first version with AI.

Thanks for the comments i will look into everything mentioned and i think the new version will be hopefully less laggy. Also lots of heroes are being rebalanced and fixed. Some other heroes have been removed by public choice they might be reintroduced at a later stage.

Heroes Reworked:

Pandaren Brewmaster:
Level 1 Storm, Earth and Fire(Lightning elements) now have chain lightning as i found them weak and unable to do much damage.

Removed heroes:

Lightning Spirit(IMBA this was due to his skills and if they were nerfed he would just become useless =/)

Vampire Lord(Bugged and often caused lag)

HeX.16

Reaction score
I have left this project and have uninstalled my Warcraft 3.
If anyone wants to take over this project PM me.
I really dont care what happens to it.

==CLOSED==

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.