From Vista to XP

nanometre

Reaction score
Hi, here's my question. I brought a Toshiba Satellite A200-AH6 laptop with vista and I want to switch it to XP. How can I do that and are the drivers compatible with this computer? Thanks for help!

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If Toshiba doesn't provide an XP CD for that model, then you will have to go buy a copy of XP, format and install the new (old) OS. There's a good chance that you'll be able to find drivers for most stuff but it will take a bit of digging. Try to take note of the model of video and network card etc you have now (in Vista) so you know what you'll need later. At least make sure you have the drivers for the network card downloaded somewhere- then you can download whatever else you need once get XP on there.

If Toshiba gave you a recovery CD, hold onto it in case you decide to try out Vista again in the future. It's also possible they have set up a hidden recovery partition to reload Vista... probably leave it alone.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Buy your PCs from local shops that offer XP OEM installations. They are still available and will be for a while. Stay away from Vista like the plague for at least one more year.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Buy your PCs from local shops that offer XP OEM installations. They are still available and will be for a while. Stay away from Vista like the plague for at least one more year.

Hey, I like it :) Things like copying files used to crash every now and then but on the other hand it does an awesome job of recovering and it even once suggested a hotfix that actually worked! SP1 is out in a couple of months anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.