Funkah Beat!

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Good parts and bad parts in this.

The intro parts of the song was awesome until this other synth lead came in and to me it really kinda killed the vibe. Because the other synths your using is really hard and rough sounding but that almost sax sounding melody part were softer and didnt match the "mainstream" type of synth and also the notes didnt really match the song either. If you didn't intend this song to sound mainstream thats okay then i guess, but to me it sounded pretty mainstream stuff.

With that been said, may i ask did you use a VST for the other synths?
Also the drum pattern suited the song but maybe put those snare more infront of the song cause right now it sounds like its at the back of my head when i listen to it in my headsets.

Thats about all i have to say NOW, i might have more later ;)
Its still a great song. :thup:

Zakyath

Reaction score
The intro was awesome, then after one minute this weird sax and synth came in and kinda destroyed what you'd built up. I was really amazed by how good it was in the beginning. Use sounds that sound good programmed or live instruments. And I think some harder minor scale would work better after the intro.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Nice work on the song! I love the bass as well as the intro drums.

Would you allow me to give some constructive criticism? The vocals were a little excessive in the beginning (especially the thing that is repeated throughout the entire song). I've also heard them in quite a few songs, which does put me off a little bit. I agree with Zakyath in that it sounded like it was going to a minor scale, and I think it would have worked out better had it done so.

The Brass/Sax does sound sort of MIDI-ish, and kind of out of place with such a hard bass. It could work if you picked a different synth, and if you switched to a minor key.

Anyways, great work. :thup:

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Same as the others, don't really like the sax instrument, its too happy sounding to fit the drum n bass style bassline (which synth were you using? Lots of automation?), which was pretty nice.
For the drums I'd also use sth more dnb-style, especially the open hat at the begining sounds too...light. I really like this pack from acapellas4u, i think its the rlpack2 dnb.

Otherwise its pretty nice :D

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I got the pack off of the FLipside forum, though I'm pretty sure the guy who ripped it also uploaded it on accappellas4u.

For the bass it really depends where in the song you're talking. I was using a sytrus preset called Satan FM2 (its under bass) as my actual sound. To get the slide sound I have a 1.5 beat slide .5 beats after each bass note that goes up an octave.

For the break where I have the bass wobbling like crazy I have a love philter where I took a basic gate preset and just randomized the volume envelope like mad. I then set a formula controller to a basic sine lfo and automated a fast distort and both the x and y modulations on the love philter. At the break there is no slide animation.

----

About changing to a minor key, I'm not great with minor keys yet, I'm still breaking myself into them, so you will have to be patient before I can get that really nice techno minor sound. :eek:

I kind of like the sax sound though. Maybe that's because I play the sax. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.