Galaxy Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack[RCDF

Reaction score
Hey guys,

There's some great work being done at thehelper, and the wiki could potentially be pretty good, but there's potential for a lot of duplication with it and GalaxyWiki.Net. Basically, I'd like to offer thehelper the chance to become part of GWN. Instead of having two or more wikis and knowledge bases to draw from, we could all work together on ONE wiki, which isn't affiliated with any one particular site.

The basic idea of GWN is just that: to have one knowledgebase that many sites add to. Currently, udmod, sc2mod, and staredit.net are part of the network, with hiveworkshop most likely going to join in the near future. If mapster, sc2c, and thehelper also joined, then there'd be one knowledge base for the entire StarCraft II community, instead of the current splitting.

Whaddaya think, would you want to become a part of this or not? If not that's fine, but it'd be great for the Starcraft II community if you joined with GWN.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Nty.

*edit* I'm honestly a little confused at what you're asking. You want us to have a link to GWN? What does "Joining" mean?!? There is no problem with having different modding communities. This is my chosen community. a wiki is not really a community. I'm sure no one here would mind using it as another resource though...

Jack[RCDF

Reaction score
The idea is that over on the left where thehelper links to their current wiki, there'd be a link to galaxywiki. Thehelper could keep their wiki for WCIII stuff, and have their official SCII wiki be Galaxywiki.

Galaxywiki is meantto be a intercommunity knowledgebase, rather than a community in itself. You can keep your current community, but access the combined knowledge of all the sites in one wiki.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
What makes you think that this 'GalaxyWiki' is a better option than TH.net's Wiki?

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I think it's nice that on your wiki you put a description of the different communities that have "joined" and a link back to their sites.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
We have taken this offer to the Staff forums for review. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.