Game Cache

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Did a search of the tutorial repository using the word "cache"; nothing appropriate came up.

If you understand nothing of my post, seeing as I am terrible at explaining, please focus on the bolded statement.

I'm looking for some sort of a guide to how game caches work, in particular, storing units in them. For example, I need to know things like if I save a unit, then restore it at a later time (for my uses, I would be using restore to revive the unit), would the unit's abilities cooldown statuses be the same? If I save the unit to the cache, add an ability, then restore the unit at a later time, would the unit have that ability? If not, is it safe to overwrite the unit as it is stored in the cache. I am going to constantly be changing a unit, and I basically want it to be revived after death, retaining any abilities I have added to it via a trigger. Also, how does the "replace" function fit into all this, or does it at all? A quick overview of what exactly replacing does would be nice.

Curo

Reaction score
Lmao you hooker, coulda just said that in game! Ty...

This concerns me though: "Remember that Game Caches can not be used on Battle Net"

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Yes, that's correct, they can only be used single player.

I think you could do what you are intending to do with triggers, however, and not using game caches.

Curo

Reaction score
I know gamecache's work in multiplayer.

They just get deleted when the game ends.

Well that works for me, thanks.

[del]And as per your request...if I assign a variable to a unit, then replace that unit, will the new unit take on the variable, or do I need to reassign it?[/del] Likewise, if I assign a unit to a variable, save the unit to a cache, then restore the unit, will the restored unit retain the variable or do I need to reassign it? I answered the first question, I assume that I'll have to reassign the variable in the second instance, but still not sure.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.