Garena Name Change Stuff

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
In Garena, in the Local Network Area, when you change your name, you see it as the one you changed it too, but the rest of the player's see it as the registed username.

In this map, the author had placed 'debug' commands if your username was WorldEdit or the author's username, I changed my username to WorldEdit. Joined the game, and when I initiated the command, I DISCONNECTED :thdown:

Why is this? :(

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
In Garena, in the Local Network Area, when you change your name, you see it as the one you changed it too, but the rest of the player's see it as the registed username.

In this map, the author had placed 'debug' commands if your username was WorldEdit or the author's username, I changed my username to WorldEdit. Joined the game, and when I initiated the command, I DISCONNECTED :thdown:

Why is this? :(

It is probably just a weak attempt to prevent people for editing the map:thdown:

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Well, actually, the people in Garena have no clue about modding, so explaining to them has no effect, they are hosting what they believe is a 'updated map' but it is actually the same as the last and just has cheats in it. I've opened the map script and found out, if your player name == x, cheats are enabled for you.

But when I do that. DISCONNECT :(

I think it's more of the Garena fault then map.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Isn't that a good thing? Debugs should never be used in multi-player play if you ask me :<

That way you wouldn't fall victim of it... right?

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well I think it disconnects you because of contradiction. Garena uses a weird system that uses your online name instead of waht you've written in LAN. It may seem that the cheat worked on you, but not on anyone else because you have a different name. What I can think of is that the cheat worked on you, but not on them, resulting in an event that would disconnect you from them.

As to why you would disconnect, remember that it didn't change any of your systems in Warcraft, so it wouldn't work like HAXXORZ..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.