[General] Balloon lost in the sky with diamond

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It had seemed a romantic and highly original way to propose to the love of your life with a £6,000 diamond ring.

Lefkos Hajji, 28, wanted to make his engagement one his girlfriend would never forget, only to have his dreams cruelly snatched from his grasp by a gust of wind.

Rather than simply dropping to one knee before Leanne, 26, he told a florist to put her engagement ring in a silver helium balloon.

But no sooner had he left the shop when his plans backfired spectacularly and the balloons blew away - taking the ring with them.

Read more about it here.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I want it to fall down in my yard, but fat chance of that :( . lol
(no, i didnt read the article upon posting this)

N

NuBy

Thats 1/3 Sad, 1/3 funny and 1/3 unfortunate.

That adds up to 3/3 :cool:

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
He must be retarded.
It had seemed a romantic and highly original way to propose to the love of your life..."I though I would give Leanne a pin so I could literally pop the question."
"Popping" the question is not romantic; it's cute.
Rather than simply dropping to one knee before Leanne, 26, he told a florist to put her engagement ring in a silver helium balloon.
For a £6000 ring, balance the helium's lift with the weight of the balloon and ring. The math isn't that hard. The Mythbusters did it, and they don't know anything about physics.

Hey, at least he managed to propose to his girlfriend, though I noticed that the article was conspicuously vague about her answer...

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
He must be retarded.
For a $6000 ring, balance the helium's lift with the weight of the balloon and ring. The math isn't that hard. The Mythbusters did it, and they don't know anything about physics.

Hey, at least he managed to propose to his girlfriend, though I noticed that the article was conspicuously vague about her answer...

Just to make it worse, it's not $, its £..

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Okay, I bet that guy shouted out a lot of curse words.:p

A

aznsteph

lol poor guy, 6000... and a balloon wasnt the best idea, reminder for later years xD

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Remind me to NOT do that, at all costs. In fact, 6000£. :D

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
He must be retarded.
For a £6000 ring, balance the helium's lift with the weight of the balloon and ring. The math isn't that hard. The Mythbusters did it, and they don't know anything about physics.

Because the first thing anyone ever thinks about when buying a balloon that they probably will be holding onto the entire time is if the counterweight will suffice to ensure the balloon won't fly away....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.