Genuine Windows 7 problems

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I have genuine student version of Windows 7 Pro through msdn academic alliance program. Lately I have suffered Windows Update problems & random web browser crashes.
Currently my computer battery which keeps track of system time when computer is turned off is faulty. On computer turn on I get everytime error message aknowledgement which I do pass. Only I have to correct manually system time occasionally when logged in Windows 7.
Both web browsers (Firefox 6 & IE8) crash randomly (IE8 constantly). Could these problems (clock battery and crashes be interconnected?)
I can't install IE9, install ends with unknown error (error message displayed is: unknown error). I do have all IE9 required dependencies
I have updated Windows 7 through Windows Update (Windows Update that is built in operating system not Internet page) to get Windows 7 SP1.
Does it mean I do have genuine Windows 7?

In a nutshell I am tired how my Government genuine program fails to install on genuine Windows 7 (meant for that specific operating system). It surprises me how genuine IE9 install fails on genuine Windows 7 (Have you noticed they suggest to uninstall SP1 for Windows 7 to install IE9?) Though I think I installed SP1 for Windows 7 because IE9 did not install previously too.

If there were too many questions and ideas to sum it up: can faulty clock battery cause genuine Windows to fail?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Only thing which I have done is truned operating language to local language with workaround.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
that is kinda hard too read, but a clock battery shouldn't kill anything - at most the clock and bios will be reset to default, but nothing on the hard drive is affected by that, since those only operate when there is power from the wall

I would consider re-installing the operating system after such instability/being unable to update it

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I would recommend opening up the Event Viewer (just do a search in the start menu to find it) to see if the crashes/errors were logged. If so, they should be able to give you a better indication of why they are occurring.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thanks for info, today IE8 just worked on first try (all needed programs with IE8 too and no crashes). No need to reply anymore, I look into Event Viewer and troubleshoot more.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.