Germany imposes ban on Tom Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Germany has banned the makers of Tom Cruise's new movie from filming at military sites in the country because the actor is a Scientologist.

The German defence ministry said Cruise has "publicly professed to being a member of the Scientology cult".

Scientology masquerades as a religion to make money, Germany said, but leaders of the church reject this.

Cruise's producing partner Paula Wagner said the star's own convictions had no relation to the film's content.

"Personal beliefs have absolutely no bearing on the movie's plot or themes," she said.

'Heroic and principled'

Scientology has been monitored in Germany in the belief that its activities are "directed against the free democratic order" in the country.

Read the full story here.

-----------

My respect for Germany just sky-rocketed. Best part: "The events described in this movie should be portrayed with authenticity and respect. Tom Cruise is incapable of this."

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Serves them right for basing their religion off of a story that some sci-fi writer made up...
Wait, wasn't the book of morman also some random story? Wow, the bible too! Hold on... !!!!

Atheist ftw :p

Funny though, hilarious. Never liked Tom Cruise =/

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
This totally reminds me of that South Park (The one with Tom Cruise and the Scientologists ^_^).

Anyway, this is just plain funny.

stubs101

Reaction score
Okay, I never heard of Scientology or The Book of Mormon before I saw the episodes about it on Southpark. They made up some gay thing and said this is what Scientologists really believe but I think it's bull to make us laugh. Are they right or not. And if they're wrong what do Scientologists really believe? And The Book of Mormon, is it real? What does it believe? Does it believe what Southpark joked it to be? ANSWER ME DAMN IT!!!:confused:

Reaction score
Okay, I never heard of Scientology or The Book of Mormon before I saw the episodes about it on Southpark. They made up some gay thing and said this is what Scientologists really believe but I think it's bull to make us laugh. Are they right or not. And if they're wrong what do Scientologists really believe? And The Book of Mormon, is it real? What does it believe? Does it believe what Southpark joked it to be? ANSWER ME DAMN IT!!!:confused:

If you are referring to the part subtitled "This is what scientologists actually believe." Then you are wrong - it wasn't made up by the creators of southpark, it is a genuine scientologist belief, though is only "revealed" to those who rank higher up in the cult.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Question: Why is it alright to say these things you are about Scientology?

Scientology is just as likely to be real as Muslim or Christianity. They are all just tales.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Question: Why is it alright to say these things you are about Scientology?

Scientology is just as likely to be real as Muslim or Christianity. They are all just tales.

Yeah but Christianity and Islam have been around for thousands of years and had legitamate reasons. Scientology was created by some dude in the 50s who molested children.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Yeah but Christianity and Islam have been around for thousands of years and had legitamate reasons.

About as legitimate as Scientology...

Though most of these older religions are based off of true events, it's like any other story, it gets bent and twisted and really odd throughout the years. Ever played that game telephone? Well, imagine playing telephone for 1000 years, with the bible :p

DuckieKing said:
My exact sentiments. I'm gonna learn German someday.
I've always had respect for the Germans... More respect for them than Americans to tell ya the truth =/ (however the Nazis sucked lol)

Stubs101 said:
And The Book of Mormon, is it real? What does it believe? Does it believe what Southpark joked it to be?
... LOLLOLLOL
Sorry that's funny.
OF COURSE IT'S REAL!
Then again, I have lots of Morman friends... If you read the book of morman, yeah it's kind of like how they showed in it South Park. But if you looked at the bible the same way, or probably any other religious scripture, it'd look just as silly. It's just cheaper and safer to make fun of mormans than it is muslims or christians. Imagine if South Park did an episode about how stupid the bible is... O_O

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Yeah but Christianity and Islam have been around for thousands of years and had legitamate reasons. Scientology was created by some dude in the 50s who molested children.

and in a thousand years so will Scientology.

/it doesn't matter your reason, its still discrimination.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
HO MAAAAN
I can already tell where this thread is going
Closedom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.