Giving a custom/special unit ability to build?

Lawlzzz

Reaction score
Giving a custom unit ability to build?

Hi. I am making a custom game map, like Echo Isles, Booty Bay etc.
I have been messing so much around with trying to make a custom/special unit build stuff. But I can't get it to work.
I've tried the different "Unit abilities": Build (Night Elf/Human etc.)
I kept trying but now I have to ask.
I hope you can help :)

Murre

Reaction score
Are you trying to make a certain kind of unit being able to build, or the regular building unit being able to build a special building?

Lawlzzz

Reaction score
I really don't know, but when I put them on the map with that Unit spawn thing and test the map, they can only gather wood/gold like I also put them to.
Or when I train them from the "headquarter", they can also only gather gold/wood. There should be this building icon with buildings in that every other worker has.

(From when I test the map)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
you need to make the unit able to build the structure:
Code:
Techtree - Structures Built

Lawlzzz

Reaction score
Ooooh... Thank you! I am new to the editor, so I try to figure all of it out myself to learn it ;). But sometimes this editor can be very hard to figure out.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Ooooh... Thank you! I am new to the editor, so I try to figure all of it out myself to learn it ;). But sometimes this editor can be very hard to figure out.

hehe ;) Agreed - you should take your time and check out all the features that it got :p

Lawlzzz

Reaction score
hehe ;) Agreed - you should take your time and check out all the features that it got :p

"Location: In DK, trying to help you"
Jeg er også dansker ;).
Yeah, it's cool. The only thing that annoys me is that when I create spawn point and "headquarter" on the spawn point, a human "Hall" comes up just next to it, with 5 peasants -.-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.