Giving Uprooted Ancients Spells

Machop Fan

Reaction score
Of all the questions I've asked here, this is the one I want the answer to most, and the one that has bugged me for the longest time:

I want to make my Ancients more like the demigod-like trees they're supposed to be. One way I want to do that is by giving the Ancients of Lore and Wind spells. Sadly, whenever the Ancients uproot, the spells I give them disappear, and are replaced with just Eat Tree.

Also, I gave my Ancient of Wonders a Hero Inventory so it can use items, but it can only use those items when rooted.

Is there a way to make it so that my Ancients can cast their spells when both rooted and uprooted?

inevit4ble

Reaction score
As I understand it, uproot switches to unit ( to one that walks ) so maybe what you can do is when the spell is used, give the new unit the inventory and spells that you want to. That should work

Machop Fan

Reaction score
As I understand it, uproot switches to unit ( to one that walks ) so maybe what you can do is when the spell is used, give the new unit the inventory and spells that you want to. That should work

Each ancient's object stats have data for both rooted and uprooted ancients together, including abilities. Attack 1 is for rooted ancients, and Attack 2 is for uprooted ancients (the other way around for the Ancient Protector). Armour is mentioned as Fortified, but the ability has it change to Heavy. So, Uproot keeps the same unit, but in a different form.

Plus, nowhere in the ability data is there a place I can list uprooted spells.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Why not just modify Metamorphosis or other transformation abilities?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
have you tried adding/removing them as they uproot/take root or even giving them a proc on attack effect? idk if that would work for your map

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.