Gold mines

T

Twisted

i want a unit (peasant) be able to build a Goldmine. I have added the building to the list of the peasant but when the peasant tries to build it it is never completed. When I click on the gold mine it says "Constructing" but the bar never moves. The peasant won't do any 'building' animation just statnds still near the unfinished gold mine.

What to do?

Thnx for your help.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry a goldmine is a neutral building, and it is not possible to get a peasant unit to build a neutral building. I don't think it is possible to do with ANY worker unit (because of the fact that the goldmine is neutral).

Peasant units can only build human-based structures.

W

who cares

you can make the gold mine a player unit in object editor but that means it cant be a neutral building

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Warcraft III has funny ways about things and is probably saving the fact it is Neutral somewhere else.

The actual problem is caused by Repair(the ability you need to build, theres one for each race) only working on Buildings based of the original races buildings. If you could find a neutral passive build then you could probably do it.

T

The_Prophet

Just make a dummy unit with the goldmine model, and then run a trigger that replaces the dummy goldmine with a real one.

T

TheVoid

The_Prophet said:
Just make a dummy unit with the goldmine model, and then run a trigger that replaces the dummy goldmine with a real one.
I think this is probably your best bet. Just use a dummy, like a farm for example, and make a trigger that replaces the "farm" with a real gold mine.

Rad

Reaction score
No you can build it just make its race human and classify as mechanical and you can build it!

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you can just mkae a dummy unit that looks like a farm and when the unit is order to build a building you changge the peon to a neutral then when the building is done replace it with a real gold mine :shades:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.