Discussion Goth's High

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
What is Goth's High?

Goth's High is a new online comic that I started. I originally wrote and drew the first 13 issues of the comic, before myself and two of my friends decided to team up and work together on the comic. It was interesting to see that all three of us had talents for each part of the comic

Seth Edgar Cericus (That's me!) is a great writer with a very punchline-style sense of humor. Seth is known for his sarcasm and quick wit, which you can see as he writes for the comic. He also does most, if not all of the scripting for the comic.

Kraven Raze is a fairly talented artist with an anime style of sketching. He was also the co-artist of Goth's High before it became a team effort, as he drew a few issues of his own. Kraven now draws the comics, according to Seth's writing.

Krys Amelia Night has been photoshopping for a few years, even though neither myself nor Kraven knew it! She's pretty good, too, and she's also a great plot writer. Thus, Krys helps out both in photoshopping the sketches with color and by co-writing for the comic.

What is the comic about?

Goth's High mainly follows the lives of three "goth" students at a local public high school in Visigoth, New Jersey (USA) The three students are:

Kevin, the new student at Visigoth's High School.
Chris, the kind life-time resident of Visigoth, New Jersey.
And Sarah, Chris' best friend who moved into town a few years before Kevin.

The three characters interact with other students, teachers, and many other surprise characters that you'll have to read the comic to find out!

What's so interesting about that?

This comic's a bit different in the aspect of all the little twists and turns. Almost no one is what they seem to be at first glance. The humor is pretty refreshing, too. It's not vulgar crap, but it's not the cleanest comic around, either. You'll just have to read to understand what I'm talking about!

Where is this comic of yours?

Right here:

I hear you guys have a forum?

You heard right! We have a forum over a ... What are some of the topics we talk about there?

1. We do reviews on everything. Games, movies, music, whatever! User-Submitted.
  2. We talk about a lot of hand art. Anything done by hand, whether it's sketching, painting or even clay modeling, you can submit it here for comments and/or criticism!
  3. Our graphic arts forum has a ton of great talent already showing, but we always want more talent!
  4. Probably one of our most popular forums, role-playing is a big hit at GH.com ... Come by, check out the games and give it a shot. It's pretty fun, and it can definitely pass the time!
  5. We discuss books and published stories in the book discussion forum.
  6. In our short stories and novels forum, our users submit their work for review, criticism and some help!
  7. Last, but not least! Users can submit poetry to express themselves and hear what we think about it!

Ok, last question... What's this about "voting" for the comic?

Since Goth's High is such a new comic, we need help with publicity. One way we get help from our readers is for them to vote on these two voting websites we've submitted the comic to. The more people that vote, the lower our rank is, til you get down to rank 1. The lower our rank, the more poeple can see our comic! Please give is a minute of your time, and vote. It's really quick, and doesn't cost a damn thing!

Click here to vote for Goth's High on Top Web Comics!

Click here to vote for Goth's High on Buzz Comix!​

Well, the last thing I've got to say is this...

Welcome to Goth's High

Class is now in session

Last edited by a moderator:

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Very nice. :eek: I'd say... Yours are better then Chris'.
Your really good at drawing.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I don't think I remember those :p.

Yeah you're drawing's awesome (mainly in style), good job :D.

Funny comics (in a strange way :p)

~Jindo

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Hah, those are pretty funny.

I think I like Chris's four the best, no offense.

I might post some of the comics my firend Nick and I made. :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Jo.O said:
Very nice. :eek: I'd say... Yours are better then Chris'.
Your really good at drawing.

Thank you.

More art, just not comics :D

Jindo said:
I don't think I remember those :p.

Yeah you're drawing's awesome (mainly in style), good job :D.

Funny comics (in a strange way :p)

~Jindo

I think you were MIA for awhile, back when I posted these. Or, the ones I had at the time. Then the crash and yadda yadda.

Thanks for the drawing comment :D

corvusHaunt said:
I think I like Chris's four the best, no offense.

It's cool.

I'm interested in WHY, though. So, if you don't mind, would you please explain that to me? :)

Personally, I think his artwork is generally better. I do more writing than artwork, whereas he does more artwork than writing. His writing isn't as good as mine, but my artwork isn't as good as his.

But it's always cool to hear other people's opinions.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
I don't know what it is. Both your drawings are okay, but for some reason I like his better.

It's funny to see how you draw you, then see him draw you :p

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
I remebered the name, and just strating to remeber the comics, good stuff btw.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Heh, I remember these. I enjoy reading both of yours, because I like the different perspectives.

The God and Satan one is still my favorite. :p

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
Heh
Nice one Al... :p

Seriously your wasted doing ordinary human stuff,

Start putting a portfolio together, some nice coloured stuff, mayber even get some of it into PS or CD.

Give me about a year->2 and I will GLADLY take you.
(I plan to start a production company in about that timeframe)

Gimme a PM in the mean time, got some ideas.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Chris's drawing of you was better, but everything else about your comics are greater than his (your drawing of him, your jokes, etc), but that's just my opinion :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
corvusHaunt said:
I don't know what it is. Both your drawings are okay, but for some reason I like his better.

It's funny to see how you draw you, then see him draw you :p

LOL, alright :D Yeah, sometimes it's just that unnameable quality, I guess. I'm cool with that.

And yeah, I think I mentioned that Chris tends to target me because I targeted him a lot in the first few comics. Only recently have I given thought to doing this "professionally", and even giving it a storyline. Hence the entrances of God and Satan.

Something I've always noticed about the way Chris draws me: He makes sure I'm at like ... Everyone else's chest-to-eye level, LOL! He thinks me being short is a disadvantage :rolleyes:

DDRtists said:
I like that one :D

Ironically, Chris didn't. He didn't get the humor in it. Something about not getting the point behind the Judgement Day button, or whatever.

Ah well. I found it hilarious :D I should make a comment that brings up the question of "Why does God have nothing better to do than tormenting Satan with threats of judgement day?" :D

Red Beard said:
Heh
Nice one Al... :p

Seriously your wasted doing ordinary human stuff,

Start putting a portfolio together, some nice coloured stuff, mayber even get some of it into PS or CD.

Give me about a year->2 and I will GLADLY take you.
(I plan to start a production company in about that timeframe)

Gimme a PM in the mean time, got some ideas.

PM you I did... Teach me, I wanna be your padawan :D

Anyway, to be honest, I'm horrible with coloring... Everytime I try, I get the impression it sucks. But maybe I'll copy one of the comics, or do a little "tester" comic (where I draw everyone a bit bigger, so that I can have more space and stuff like that) and try coloring and then I can post that and you can tell me.

Portfolio? Honestly, I never pictured a career in comics or anything artsy. (Unless you call my writing artsy. I was thinking more visual arts)

With the Piscasa2 thing I DLed for Jimpy to get money off his site's ads, I've been getting more into editing photos and stuff... Pretty cool, and I hear good things about PS. I might check out the prices for it soon.

Rinpun said:
Chris's drawing of you was better, but everything else about your comics are greater than his (your drawing of him, your jokes, etc), but that's just my opinion :p

Oh, maybe that's why corvus likes Chris' better. Eh, whatever. Other than being more anime-ish, I don't really notice much difference. :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, that comic is now a classic :p

"Take cover, peons!"

"Haha, psyche!"

Well, I don't know why corvus would particularly like Chris's comics too much. I didn't get the jokes in them about 80% of the time, not to mention Chris's drawing of himself is hideous compared to yours :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
"Haha, psyche!"

ROFL, Dammit! I knew I was forgetting a letter in that word!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! Wow, I didn't realize you were missing a letter in the comic until you mentioned that. Rofl, I kept reading it as psyche, the correct spelling :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Nope, I knew I was forgetting something. I figured it was either an "e" at the end, or some other letter IN the word...

Ah well, I can edit it. The scans won't be updated anytime soon, though :D Punks!

Like I was saying, I was thinking of putting these on a site. Some of my favorite comics are online.

http://suicideforhire.comicgenesis.com

DM Cross

Reaction score
There's a new one. It took me like 10 minutes to do, because it's only 4 frames. It's not really "funny", but I liked it :D

God got special font :D Might start doing that for him, if I can write Old English any smaller than what it is in that comic.

The bottom is just some BS thing to fill space. My personal thoughts on :eek: The war in Iraq!

Check that sweetness out on Post 1.

DM Cross

Reaction score
And another new one!

<Photobucket link removed. Please check www.pwnedlist.com/gothshigh for the new comics>

(Added to post 1, since that's going to be my "archive" list :D)

DM Cross

Reaction score
No other comments on the new ones? I thought the God and Satan ones were pretty funny...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Rofl, that's great. I love the devil puppet, and the fact that God's hiding in a cloud.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. I wish I had a sense of humor like that.

SHUT THE HELL UP, GOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.