Discussion Goth's High

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
XXXconanXXX said:
Rofl, that's great. I love the devil puppet, and the fact that God's hiding in a cloud.

Actually, God's not "hiding", really. It's just that you're not supposed to be able to "see" God, or something, so I have a giant hand in the sky to symbolize the bastard :D

Brilliant. Just brilliant. I wish I had a sense of humor like that.

Heh, thanks. I've got very good punch-line humor, me thinks :) Always great to find a way to use it ;)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Heh, thanks. I've got very good punch-line humor, me thinks :) Always great to find a way to use it ;)

All around, you have a good punchline. Not necessarily with humor. I've looked at you as a great writer; And my writing style somewhat reflects that. I love how your able to take something, set it up, and make it either REALLY funny or really cynical in a good way.

EDIT 1 ~ LMFAO, just read Chris' Contemplation, that was great.

God with a puppet of Chris in a cloud saying "Oh, boohoo!" That's great. I espesically like the E.V.I.L. notice at the bottom.

EDIT 2 ~ I'd be rolling on the floor laughing if I had the room at The Holy Influence. That's hilarious, rofl!

DM Cross

Reaction score
XXXconanXXX said:
All around, you have a good punchline. Not necessarily with humor. I've looked at you as a great writer; And my writing style somewhat reflects that. I love how your able to take something, set it up, and make it either REALLY funny or really cynical in a good way.

Aw, you so sweet :D

Damn the lack of the ability to give you rep.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, now make some more :p

(Start compiling this into its own book...it oughtta sell)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
Hahaha, now make some more :p

(Start compiling this into its own book...it oughtta sell)

Maybe if I had a color artist and someone to touch up my "concept art", it'd work. But as it is now? I doubt it.

corvusHaunt said:
Should make a site or something though :)

I think I mentioned wanting to do that.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Heh, well it depends what kind of site you want to set up. Basic ones are very easy to make. Took me a week to make Karawasa's :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Well, I doubt I'll be doing anything with a site for Goth's High any time soon. I'd at least wait until I had a good 20 editions, or so. That way I could release them once a week, and then I'd have 20 weeks to make more :D Si?

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Lol, those with god are hilarious (you should make more ;) ), A Devilish Trick is my favourite... an end-of-the-world-button on the sun, lololol.

DM Cross

Reaction score
<Photobucket link removed. Please check www.pwnedlist.com/gothshigh for the new comics>

(Also seen on Post 1, as my archive list)

((I appreciate comments, even if it's something like "That wasn't funny, you loser"... Or whatever... ))

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
It would be so funny if Chris got hurt in the end, right has he is happy that someone else got hurt. :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
ROFL! Hahaha, that was again brilliant.

So how many of these comics do you have written now? These are definitely hilarious. Reminds me of the good old times with "Real Life Comics". They're still around, but they were pure brilliance many years ago. Now they're funny, but some of them contain the same old jokes.

DM Cross

Reaction score
SilverHawk said:
It would be so funny if Chris got hurt in the end, right has he is happy that someone else got hurt. :D

Actually, I was thinking about having God accidentally electrocute him with a lightning bolt...

BUT Chris needs a rest -.- Doctor's orders :(

He'll be up to getting smacked down soon, though :)

Rinpun said:
So how many of these comics do you have written now?

001 - 009 is all there is so far...

Thanks guys, for all the comments :) Good to know I'm still up to snuff!

And I'm really thinking of making a little site for these... Display them, and then maybe have a forum for people to talk about 'em and ... I dunno, host a forum for writing and art stuff? I've always wanted something like that, which is one of the reasons I was so upset with OM.com went :( But I might replace it with my own forums for that stuff...

Ah well :) It's in the making.

DM Cross

Reaction score
<Photobucket link removed. Please check www.pwnedlist.com/gothshigh for the new comics>

Added to post one, comments appreciated.

BTW, you guys think I ought to release Goth's High to the rest of the forum with a thread in the Humor Zone?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Aw, no comments :(

Oh well, I got a new one, anyway...

Comments, this time? :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
I've been working on this all night long, almost... I did a little touch up on the old comics. I just didn't get to the first three cause there's a lot of details I'm going to hate working around -.-

Tell me whatcha think...

<Photobucket links removed. Please check www.pwnedlist.com/gothshigh for the new comics>

D

dArKzEr0

Not trying to be a jackass or anything (honestly I can't draw for *peanuts), but I don't like the strips very much. The art is fine, they're comics they don't need to be da Vinci caliber; it's the writing I don't like very much. It doesn't seem natural. I'm a very picky writer, and maybe I'm simply biased toward my own diction and syntax. Anyway, here's my take (I'm trying to be constructive; I'm not trying to bash you): when you read something for entertainment, the words should flow together like natural speech. The reader should never feel as if he's reading script, instead, he or she should experience the dialogue as he or she would an everyday conversation.

For example, take this strip:
Wow! It's a miracle! Someone except me got hurt! I was starting to think comedy relief was, like... MY FATE!

Wow... I'm bored... Wish I had that Devil to kick around...

Oops! Damn lightning!

(whistles)

(ZAP!)

Oh... Whoops. Sorry, kid!

When I read that, the dialogue seems very scripted (of course, it is, but part of your goal is to make it feel more natural). Next time you pick up a good book, pay close attention to dialogue (obviously not a Shakespearean play or a book of characters who are all pedants) try something like Catcher in the Rye, and try to learn from that. I read Catcher a few years ago, and I remember especially Salinger's ability to make Holden (main character) narrate his tale with an extremely unorthodox diction, yet in a seemingly natural manner.

Again, I'm not bashing you, the concept is great and I applaud you for it, I'm just trying to help you improve something that has more potential than what is being shown, I think. ...hope I made sense.

*No Charlie Brown pun intended.

-darkz

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
God I love these...I have the myspace page bookmarked. :D

Oh, btw, you spelled unfluence 'infulence' in The Holy Influence.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Dark: Thanks for the good, constructive critism. That was actually very good.

However, I can't say I agree. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I don't agree. Whenever I write any kind of dialog, I write what I would say myself. Sometimes I even hold the conversation out loud and actually say these things.

Also, you're the first person to make any comment like that, so I'm going to assume that the majority of people don't agree as well... But I will keep it in mind for the future. Maybe I need to step back and look at it to see it.

XXXconanXXX said:
God I love these...I have the myspace page bookmarked. :D

Oh, btw, you spelled unfluence 'infulence' in The Holy Influence.

Spelling: CRAP!

Bookmarked: Woot, sweet :) I might be able to get a more solid site to it, soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.