Grand Theft Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad

Reaction score
I may soon turn this into a members project, but as for now I want people to be more direct with me (Most people dont go to members projects maybe once a day).

OK So I made that Street Tileset after playing some GTA on my brothers playstation. I thought it would be fun making a new GTA, remember the old one where you just drove around and killed buildings for money? Well...

In this I already have a fully functional VEHICLE SYSTEM. Much better than Ryokos vehicle loading system (No offence, if you hit stop your guy disappeared and some other bugs). You use the arrow keys to move, you accelerate 3x as fast on the street tileset than any other and your top speed is 2x then on other tilesets as well. Each vehicles POINT VALUE will determine thier top speed (Stated when you enter a vehicle), and when you hop in your camera gets locked in either 3rd person or sky-cam (GTA classic style).

I havent got much other than easy car system, road system, loading system etc such as no terrain or anything... But I just want you guys to know when this comes out it will be HUGE!

====

To sum it all up, Im looking for anyone who has played GTA and is a good destructible-manipulator (Such as turning barrels into log cabins, and stone walls into city halls etc). Since its GTA there will be lots of roads, alleys, and of course cops.

One thing Im still desperatly looking for is a [highlight]very simple car model[/highlight] with only a few animations: Stand, Walk, Death. It should be a generic 90's looking 500 dollar car. Not really a car person so I couldnt really describe it. All I ask is it to be easily skinned into different cars (As in not sharing the hoods texture with the door/top).

Any help will be apprieciated. If you would like add me to MSN messenger (Or supported client) at [email protected].

===
[highlight]READ this if you skipped the rest (Like I would)[/highlight]
===

Also~ If you have played GTA3 or GTA:VC I would like some of the cars names, with at least a ratio of thier speed compared to a common car. Ex GTA3, first town near 8-balls place theres a building with 90% glass, theres a car inside called the Banshee which we will say its speed is [highlight]200%[/highlight]. And the generic pickup truck speed would be [highlight]50%[/highlight] so just scale it between there.

W

what666said

Make a Honda Civic with spinners and you'll be my God.

Seriously though -- this is a great idea! This could really be pretty fun if done well... I have my own projects to finish though so I can't offer any help, but good luck to you!

I recommend getting Gmax and finding a verys imple car tutorial and making one yourself, a VERY simple one shouldn't be too hard, you might not be able to animate it but there are people who will do that very quickly out there.

TPOX

Reaction score
you should make a fps map, i have one i was gonna use to start my own but it was pure jass and if i touched it, the game would crash. :(

Well the map wasnt all fps but like it had a fps view of like a cross hair and another like a scope zoom. With some work u could make a full FPS with it crosshair and all.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I haven't played much GTA since, while fun, it is kind of disturbing what you do. (I've played GTA3 only but I don't remember any of the vehicle stats)

But--

1) I can manipulate destructibles somewhat. Don't know if I'll offer my hand to help you yet (I'm quite busy), but just letting you know ahead of time.

2) Ryoko made a corvette model way back when, it should be on wc3sear. As far as I know, it's pretty nice, though you may not want a sweet looking car as opposed to an old looking car.

Rad

Reaction score
I recommend getting Gmax and finding a verys imple car tutorial and making one yourself, a VERY simple one shouldn't be too hard, you might not be able to animate it but there are people who will do that very quickly out there.

I do like making most of the crap myself, but I CAN NOT stand GMax! I cant work with shapes! The tutorials are like "make a square, then do this, animate with this" and explain tools you dont really need. I suppose I can find a car tutorial but id rather "borrow" someone elses that they made ;)

I just need an area for the wheels, one for the hood, the roof, the doors, and the windows. Just 3 basic animations...

S

Slaughter

OK...cars I remember from GTA3. Actually maybe there is an obsessive FAQ out there with top speed, acceleration, etc. statistics for GTA3 vehicles. They had widely ranging hp, too.

One thing you might want to consider...some cars should perform better than others off-road. You could include this information in the point-value field, with your top speed information, by putting one in multiples of ten and the others in multiples of one, and using the math - mod function.

How many cars are you planning to include? You might want to leave out obscure ones like the special taxi you get if you've finished 100 taxi missions, and others like that.

Off to GameFAQs....

this one doesn't give any car speed / hp / acceleration data, but has a 'car color database' that lists the colors in which each car can appear, by default. Might be a handy reference.

AHA! Here is the FAQ you want. This one has all the variables associated with each car, given numerically. Not acceleration = 3/5, but acceleration = 15.0. This one will give you everything you need, I think, if you can read it. The durability is given by "damage collision multiplier," I think. The lower the number, the tougher the car.

D

dUmB_bLoNdE

Make it so that you could travel to Las Vegas, San Andreas and etc.
And could you put my name in it. :shades:

Rad

Reaction score
His links work, just right click and copy thier location. For some reason you cant simply click :)nuts:)

[highlight]Slaughter[/highlight], your in the credits that one with all the ASCII art has all the names and everything I asked for! Except pictures, of course, but hey the cars wont look like the real ones anyways.

[highlight]dUmB_bLoNdE[/highlight], if you could actually assist me I would be glad to put you in. The only problem with calling them liberty city, vice city, san andreas etc are that they wont look the same.

As I said before, the game wont be directly related to GTA only based off of it. I will use the cars names because im uncreative and they are cool.

THINGS TO ADD~
Vehicle upgrades (Items that increase max speed or acceleration)
Paint & Spray (To repaint your car, and reset wanted level whenever I get that far)
Tileset speed ratios (So that you go faster on dirt then grass, but even faster on streets, and terribly slow on thick grass)
8-Balls bomb & detonator (Will be an item givin to your hero)

Got anything else I might be forgetting?
What are some ideas I could use as models? I have the wagon, steam tank, siege engine, catapult, demolisher, glaive thrower, ballista, infernal contraption. Are there any more?

Rad

Reaction score
Your doing a good job posting meaningless comments :p

Ok hmm... are you on my MSN list? If not add me, if so msg me (I cant keep track).

I have 10 completed vehicles they are as follows:

Ambulance
Banshee
Cheetah
Kuruma
Moonbeam
Police Car
Securi-Car
Sentinel
Stinger
Trashmaster

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Washington
Gang Cars, I.E. Mafia Sentenial

It would be cool if u use the keyboard to move and pressing up 2x to load, heres my trigger of the 2x loading: 2x Loading

Rad

Reaction score
I already got a system that works nicely, and the arrow might mess with some other triggers so sorry mase. Open to other ideas and anyone who wants to help just let me know! PM, reply, msn... its all good.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
GTA Vice City car list:

Fast Cars
Banshee
Cheetah
Comet
Infernus
Phoenix
Stinger

Cars and Jeeps
Admiral
BF Injection
Blista Compact
Cuban Hermes
Esperanto
Greenwood
Hermes
Idaho
Manana
Oceanic
Perennial
Sabre
Sentinel XS
Stallion
Virgo
Voodoo
Washington

Home-Use Trucks and SUVs
Landstalker
Rancher
Walton

Vans
Burrito
Mule
Pony
Rumpo
TopFun (for RC missions)

Limos
Lovefist
Stretch

Motorcycles
Angel
Freeway
PCJ 600

Smaller Vehicles
Baggage Handler (at airport)
Caddy (golf cart)

Service Vehicles
Ambulance
Kaufman Cab
Police Car
TrashMaster
Zebra Cab

Busses and Commercial Trucks
Coach
Flatbed
LineRunner
Packer

Boats
Predator

Flying Things
Helicopter
Maverick
Seaplane
Sparrow

Special Vehicles from Car Showroom
Deluxo
Sabre Turbo

Rad

Reaction score
Very nice list! Once I get a good car model ill be able to have alot more :)

That deserves credits as well your in.

Also, Ive decided to call this map "Life in Liberty City" which is the GTA3 city. It will be a mix of GTA, LoaP, and a bit of extra features that are never used in the fun maps like that.

S

Slaughter

Thanks for credit, heh. You should give url of FAQ, or author's handle, too. All I did was link you :D .

I have GTA San Andreas installed on this computer. And I think I have Vice City on cd somewhere around here. If you want screenshots of the cars taken from those games, I can do it.

Rad

Reaction score
Screenshots would be great, just of basic cars though not jeeps or anything. A description would work too seeming how Im not going to make custom models for them all. Just some color info, like yakuza stinger (GTA3) is white in front and has a red diagonal slash on the side that goes all the way back.

S

Slaughter

I found some more crap online that may be useful. This (These I know, though: scroll down a bit, to 'vehicles') has pictures of many cars, but they are not labeled as to which GTA3 car they represent. The author's goal was to theorize about what real-life cars they are based on, so that is how he names the links to the photos.

Chevy Venture -- Blista
Dotamaso Mangusto -- Infernus
Ferrari Testarosa -- Cheetah
Toyota Tacoma Pickup -- Bobcat

Some of the pictures aren't very good. :\

Here is a shot of a Rumpo van.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.