Grand Theft Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slaughter

the quote button is for when you quote something from a _while_ back in the thread, that people might not be able to scroll up and see immediately. Also, it makes sense to pare down the quote if only part of it is applicable, so that the post is shorter.

Sargon

Reaction score
Slaughter said:
-rep for quoting my whole post...RIGHT after Rad told you not to (and he's right).

I hate to derail this thread, but that is a completely ridiculous reason to give someone negative reputation. See below.

Slaughter said:
the quote button is for when you quote something from a _while_ back in the thread, that people might not be able to scroll up and see immediately. Also, it makes sense to pare down the quote if only part of it is applicable, so that the post is shorter.

The quote button is not for quoting stuff a while back in the thread. The quote button is for quoting anything anywhere in the thread. I usually use the quote button when replying to people, even if it was the previous post.

Trimming a quotation down does make sense. However, neg-repping someone because they don't is absurd. There's no rule in these forums that states how you must manage your quotations. It's about as justifiable as neg-repping someone for bad punctuation and/or spelling.

In conclusion, please use negative rep when someone actually does something wrong. Thank you. :)

S

Slaughter

Yeah, I kind of thought giving -rep was over-harsh, afterwords, when he said he hadn't read that part (I was annoyed that he hadn't read it, but still...).
What do you think of [username]'s post?
I approve
I disapprove
Well...I disapproved...I didn't think he'd broken a rule...just that I disapproved of his post. Consider me corrected...I now understand better the criteria for a giving neg-rep. :eek:

+rep to uareanoob for not flaming me for overreacting. :)
edit: damn it's not letting me. Says I have to spread some rep around. Well, I gave rep to 3 people and it still says that...whatever, I'll do it when I can.

uareanoob: it's easier to understand why you're quoting if you trim the quote only to contain the part you refer to. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

rad: I'm sorry this has polluted your project thread. Where oh where are the modellers who will model as willingly as you skin?

Rad

Reaction score
Um, it takes your post wraps it in
adds ur name... You can edit it though, take some stuff out for space. Ill add the gym after I get some more of it done.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sargon said:
I hate to derail this thread, but that is a completely ridiculous reason to give someone negative reputation. See below.

The quote button is not for quoting stuff a while back in the thread. The quote button is for quoting anything anywhere in the thread. I usually use the quote button when replying to people, even if it was the previous post.
yep you are right but the onyl reason y i didnt start getting mad cause i got neg rep for flaing some one who flamed me

M

metallic_boy

Id love to play it if you finish it. Emphasis on the "if". Man, this map sounds really fun, but I think you'll lose your sanity before it gets finished. good luck!

Rad

Reaction score
Hmm if anyone read my last post and thought it didnt fit in ANYWHERE with the rest of the posts yeah... I didnt know there was a third page (and I didnt hit refresh after a game of island troll tribes) so anyways, it didnt fit in just ignore it :rolleyes:

@ Vince7778 and metallic_boy... and anyone else wanting to test ~

If you stick around the forums, or remember to contact me ([email protected] through MSN or emails is fine, also Giant-Halfling on USWEST for b.net), Ill let you test it when its ready... Its going to be a pretty big project and havent had as much free time as I have 2 weeks ago, so it may take awhile.

S

Slaughter

I will test, and probably some from clan PUDS will be available, if we need more.

U are a noob

Reaction score
Code:
@ Vince7778 and metallic_boy... and anyone else wanting to test ~
ME! ill love to do but if you use my ideas like the gym one better credit me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U are a noob

Reaction score
MeRcChRiS said:
Yeah i found a car model if you want it :D

HAHA its funny
lol that just proves rad is right that many people dont look at members project becuase that thing was mdae by SD_RYOkO and i think if he saw the PLZ PLZ ONE MAKE A CAR MODEL FOR ME he would have sent it to RAD or maybe he did

nice job MERCCHRIS

Rad

Reaction score
Man... its good but I would really like it if it wasnt a T-Top. Ill send him a PM asking if he cant fix it so I can use it though.

Seems like people really like this GTA idea, I should make some kind of sign-up sheet in HTML so testing can be more organized. Also, dont expecting testing for awhile, its a big project!

Rad

Reaction score
Didnt I just say what? This is getting to be a very confusing thread... :nuts:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Rad said:
Man... its good but I would really like it if it wasnt a T-Top. Ill send him a PM asking if he cant fix it so I can use it though.

Seems like people really like this GTA idea, I should make some kind of sign-up sheet in HTML so testing can be more organized. Also, dont expecting testing for awhile, its a big project!

Its by Ryoko, i dident know he could model :p :cool:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Wow we all 3 hit submit at the same time, because they wernt there when i started typing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.