Cinematic Gray Entity - a cinematic

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
thegray.png

Gray Entity is a project using desaturated/shaded textures to make a black and white kind of film.

There will be several stories in one location.
Some of the stories include:

Story 1​

A orc child (colored or not, I haven't decided (help me on this one)) that is rejected by his fellow classmates who are normal people. What will the orc peon do?

Story 2​

Children who wanders to an abandoned farmhouse surrounded by a forest gets murdered by a mysterious spirit. Will any of them be able to escape the spirit's forest?

Help needed (Just a few things)

*I can't find the model of "Flower" in Environment - Doodad in the MPQ

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
That is almost as strange an idea as Chocobo wanting to invert all the colors on the screen. Insanity.

You need a model besides peon, though. A peon looks nothing like a child.

At least it's original :p.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I was going to make a silhouette iPod commercial...

But I'll do this first.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Nice idea - when I was working on an old UAV concept, I was tinting everything thermal black/white - made a neat effect.

Wonder if I have pictures of it it..I remember explosions looked really sweet.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I was going to do something similar for a thermal effect, probably similar to Windex's, but didn't have enough room for all of the models and textures so I'll have to do something else.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
It wasn't terribly expensive - My map was only 500kb, and that was using whole buildings instead of sections.
But no luck in finding them - they were over a year though.

Varine

Reaction score
No worries bro. I'm not so worried about the buildings, because I'm using mostly your models for those which are amazingly low in file size. It's mine that I'm worried about; I'm not used to doing these low-poly models, so most of mine are pretty large, even after I use all of my poly reduction programs. I usually only do mods for bigger games, and until I started doing this Warcraft stuff with remote seriousness (as you may remember, I would get bored and start a new project every couple of weeks) I never really worried about the file sizes or poly count. So mine are just too big, especially since I have to import the mesh twice since I can't reuse it. It's a bad idea anyway for this map because I would have to change everything, so I'm messing with filters to try and get a somewhat black and white effect.

And to get back on topic, I usually don't really like Warcraft movies, but this seems kind of interesting. Honestly, I would be more into it if I had found it as a live video or something, but I guess it would be harder to find little kids to work with. Not sure where the flowers are though.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Nice idea - when I was working on an old UAV concept, I was tinting everything thermal black/white - made a neat effect.

Wonder if I have pictures of it it..I remember explosions looked really sweet.

Explosions? Damn, I can't find a way for my explosions to go black and white.

WOW.... old flim. Will the camera flicker like old flims do?

No, that isn't really possible.

My map right now contains 1.5k of uncompressed data.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Varine

Reaction score
No, that isn't really possible.

Yes it is, use fade filters. It doesn't look totally amazing generally and it's a little bit hard to make it work great, but I'm doing it as well, it's definately possible though.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I knew someone would mention fade filters.

Anyway, I'll try that but I don't have the flickering effect.

Varine

Reaction score
I've got some that I'm using I think; I'll see if I can remember where I saved them at and modify them a bit so that it'll work better for yours (mine are more for creating a more intense atmosphere rather than for a nice effect, so most of them have dim images of faces or something in them that won't really work for this I don't think).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.