Hanging Warcraft III

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
I slipstreamed Service Pack 1 into my Windows XP CD and reformated with it. So far I have tried Diablo II and Warcraft III. Diablo II works perfectly, but Warcraft III hangs/reboots my computer at random.

I disabled Hardware Acceleration on my sound. I believe it does not support Hardware Acceleration since it is on-board.

My desktop refresh rate is at 85Hz. I went in Registry Editor to set Warcraft III's refresh rate at 85Hz thinking it would stop the hanging. No go.

I'm not sure what else could cause this. It played fine on every other Operating System, but I never tried it on XP/XP SP1 before. Maybe SP1's refresh rate fix might be causing this somehow ?

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
I just installed the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers. This time, instead of having my computer reboot or completly hang, I got an access violation error.

Attachments

• war3.jpg
    war3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 164

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
I tried disabling my sound card. Still hangs. I will try OpenGL to see how it goes.

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
After disabling XP's built-in firewall and switching to OpenGL, the crashes went away. Thank you form pointing me in the right direction wakko. This should be in the common solutions for XP SP1 users.

W

wakko

Originally posted by NoNameRequired
After disabling XP's built-in firewall and switching to OpenGL, the crashes went away. Thank you form pointing me in the right direction wakko. This should be in the common solutions for XP SP1 users.

You are quite welcome. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.