Healon/off detected

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
I did a bunch of searches, and this seems to work for everyone else, but not me. Wondering if there has been a change in the way this works.

So my hero has a modified heal that has all its values set to 0, and can only target bridges (to avoid the hero actually using the spell). I want to set a boolean variable = true when I autocast, and false when I turn off autocast.

I even added a text event to check if the boolean is being set, and it is NOT. The triggering unit is = hero_ghoul, I am 100% sure of that. I have laid out the trigger as simply as I can, and I can't find any problem. I turn on autocast, no boolean is set. Turn it off, no boolean is set.

Could it possibly have something to do with the data fields in the object editor? Could 0 cast time, 0 range, target only bridges, etc be messing me up?

Trigger:
  • ghoul command on off
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to hero_ghoul
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(healon))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set generals_command = True
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: GC On/True
        • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(healoff))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set generals_command = False
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: GC Off/False
        • Else - Actions

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Could it possibly have something to do with the data fields in the object editor? Could 0 cast time, 0 range, target only bridges, etc be messing me up?
I doubt it.

The triggering unit is = hero_ghoul, I am 100% sure of that.
Are you sure you're sure? :p Will a debugging text message display if you put the action outside all the If-blocks?

Does the following trigger display the correct messages?:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Issued order)))

Are there any other triggers that could be interfering, at all? Because, when a trigger looks correct but doesn't work, start looking for other causes...

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Lol guess what. It wasn't heal I based it off of, it was creepheal. Even though the object editor lists the order strings as healon/off, it's actually creephealon/off. Wow....

Thx for the help :)

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
LOL! Nice... Gotta love the object editor. :banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.