"Heavy Bleading"

Lord Regno

Reaction score
Do it exist a ability that gives change to do damage overtime or do I have to trigger it? Ex. Gives 5% change to slay 50 damage on a unit for 5 seconds.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
He means that you need to create an ability based on "Item - Lightning orb (new)" and set the "Data - Effect Ability" to something based on Shadow Strike..

Lord Regno

Reaction score
Like I said I had never did this or similar ability before thanks.

Can I upgrade an ability in a item or do I have to add the ability to the hero that get the item who will have the ability in it?

Murre

Reaction score
Do it exist a ability that gives change to get damage overtime or do I have to trigger it? T.ex. Gives 5% change to slay 50 dmg on a unit in 5 sec.
Not very understandable English <_< Private message me if you need help with translating from and to Swedish. :) (noticed through "T.ex.")

pr0-assasin

Reaction score
"Does an ability exist that gives a chance to do damage overtime or do i have to trigger it? ex. give 5% chance to deal 50 damage/sec"

is how i read it.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's 50 damage over 5 seconds, not 50 damage/sec. for 5 seconds.

Orb of lightning thingy is a well-known abuse of blizzard's spells, but it doesn't work when the unit ain't manually ordered to attack the target. Just wanted to mention that. It is Bogrim himself that stated no solution is perfect and every solution has its pros and cons.

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Not sure if this would work but...

Give the unit an ability based on a poison ability (envenomed spears, poison sting, etc.), then using damage detecting (you'll need to find a damage detection system), when a unit is damaged, if it has the buff added by the ability (you'll want a custom buff), make a random number from 1 to 100, and if it's higher than 5, remove the buff.

I forget if poison is based on the buff or if that's just for show though. If it keeps going without the buff, this is a no go. Plus it requires damage detection, which isn't terribly newbie friendly (but not too bad).

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
That wouldn't work because new hits would erase the existing poison from a previous hit. However, you have the essence of the alternate method: Using the poison buff to check when an attack lands on the unit, and then apply a damage over time effect (doesn't necessarily have to use a buff for that).

The Shadow Strike would just be a simple way to get your effect, although some people don't like to use Orb of Lightning (myself included) for its general mechanics. The damage detection system would be a significially better solution, but would also require you to sacrifice poisons as a buff filler.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
"A unit is attacked" occurs on the start of the swing, so a player could abuse the trigger by making the unit stop attacking before the swing completes and ignore the attack cooldown. The event also doesn't take missed hits into account.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
True about the miss part. But it still is better than a damage detection which would require you to trigger every single of your map's spells, and the exploit would only be worth it if the unit had really high atk cooldown.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Read better into the replies, Ashlebede. A damage detection system does not require you to trigger every source of damage if you use a buff to identify which source the damage comes from. However, triggering all ability damage through triggers is still a good method as it gives you far greater control over the mechanics in the map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.