Help customizing a computer build please!

kjol21

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site. I am not very knowledgable with computers but I have been researching some things as well as looking at forums/posting on them for the past week.

I am currently in the market for a new desktop computer and I think I may have found a really good deal. The only issue is that it is on a Father's Day Sale so I need to know fairly quick if I should get it.

This is the computer.

So if this is a good deal and a good build please let me know.

My two biggest worries with this computer is:

The hard drive options. i have 3 things selected for hard drive and I am not sure if they work well together, if they are redundant, if it is to much, or is it to little.

My current selected options are:
Intel Smart Response Technology for Z77: * 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 525MB/s Read & 475MB/s Write (Single Drive)
Hard Drive: 120 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 525MB/s Read & 500MB/s Write (Single Drive)
Data Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

I am getting a free upgrade from 1 TB to 2 TB on the HDD. I am just not sure if the SSD will work with that intel smart response technology thing. If anyone can clear that up that would be great.

The other worry I have is that this computer will have a wireless network connection and I am not sure if I have selected the correct options for that.

My current selected options are:

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card
External Wireless Network Card: None
Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None

I already have a modem and router for my laptop so I don't think I will need another one. So if those are correct options please let me know. If you want to look at the other options available they are all on the second page of configuration options for the computer in the link up top.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give me.

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
You're better off building a computer from scratch as it's cheaper.

The SSD should work with the Intel Smart Response Technology.

If you have a wireless network router then the Wireless card will work with it, provided the wireless network router supports the B, G or N selections (which most do at standard).

Wizzyglvl3

Reaction score
Like MrBrooks said, I would buy all the parts i want individually then put them together, so i could get much more of what I want out of the computer, and if you build it yourself then it could be considerably cheaper. For instance this is a build i was going to make, feel free to use it if you want. I believe it is somewhere in the $1000-$1200 range while still being pretty good.
Case: Cooler Master HAF X
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k IB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 6xx
Motherboard: Sabertooth z77
PSU: Corsair ax 850
RAM: G Skill Ripjaws 1600 MHz DDR3
SSD: Samsung 830 Series MZ-7PC256D/AM 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
Whatever you choose to do good luck

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.