Help me make triggers and sort on multiboard plus others

hoand0308

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have some problems with World Editor(WE),If you 're one of good skill person at WE or you were one have a knowledge about WE,please help me!:)

1.Help me makes a trigger buy a revive item to revive heroes in map, it's like dday map!
2.Command -RS it's mean when you typed this text in game The Game will disabled Trade options with another players, it's also like dday map!
3.How to sort players at the Multiboard by a value? it's like dday map too:confused:
4.How to display the icon at Multiboard which is the icon of hero when you have chosen, it's like Dota map.
5.The basic steps to make a skill for hero?
6.Chose Hero like dday...With Command AllRandom(-rg...) then it makes Doodads Hero is become Dead Animation.

Sorry and so shy because my questions are too much,i just want and likes to learn (WE) Map maker,I'm very like Dota,dday...all maps used the hard skills(hard codes...),I'm trying learns from it!:banghead::banghead:

Love-Nature

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have some problems with World Editor(WE),If you 're one of good skill person at WE or you were one have a knowledge about WE,please help me!:)

1.Help me makes a trigger buy a revive item to revive heroes in map, it's like dday map!
2.Command -RS it's mean when you typed this text in game The Game will disabled Trade options with another players, it's also like dday map!
3.How to sort players at the Multiboard by a value? it's like dday map too:confused:
4.How to display the icon at Multiboard which is the icon of hero when you have chosen, it's like Dota map.
5.The basic steps to make a skill for hero?
6.Chose Hero like dday...With Command AllRandom(-rg...) then it makes Doodads Hero is become Dead Animation.

Sorry and so shy because my questions are too much,i just want and likes to learn (WE) Map maker,I'm very like Dota,dday...all maps used the hard skills(hard codes...),I'm trying learns from it!:banghead::banghead:

Why dont you just open an unprotected version of dday map and copy it all? LoL joke :)

1-There is an item called ankh of reincarnation on wc3, search for it.

I cant understand the rest sorry.

hoand0308

Reaction score
Sorry English is not my main language!
I just want learn from it to make a new map for myself and I can't open dday or dota in WE to learn.

Bigheaded

Reaction score
A simple way to make sure you cannot send gold/wood to each other is to simply set the send gold/wood levels to 0 in gameplay constrants.
So along the top select advanced, then -> gameplay constants, Ally trading control click = 0, ally trading normal click = 0.
If you want it via command i'm less sure, for my method will simply disable it completely.

I think you're trying to take on a bit too much though, Dota has had countless hours spent on it, DDay i cannot remember what this is, but sounds as if it's been well made which generally takes a long period of time.
Start with the idea, get it working, figure out/ask about the difficult bits later.

There is a map which has shows you how to do an AR function here: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/188051/
Also has a little bit on leaderboards. Worth a look if you're new to map making.

What do you mean "make" a skill for a hero? to edit a skill, go to object editor, then select abilities. Either edit the abilities or make new custom abilities from them.

hoand0308

Reaction score
Thank Bigheaded for Help map and your instructions
But that's just a bit what things i need,you're right ,with trading I want a trigger! I have had a trigger revive hero at http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/ but i did'nt know how to use it in case: buy an revive item.if i have a revive trigger must i destroy a revive trigger available or destroy last great Window of old revive trigger which executed event: 'Unit dies' previous?...

Sorry if you dont understand my English:D

neo34rd

Reaction score
Have you checked out this for a hero revival system? http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/revive.php

Have you checked out this for a multiboard system? http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/multiboard.php
There is no sort algorithm in that tutorial but it is actually pretty easy to implement. A bubble sort algorithm should suffice as there are only a few objects to handle.

Well if anything have you checked out this website at all? http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net

Try going through some tutorials there first, maybe make a simple single player TD or AoS map first to get some triggers going and expand from there.
If you have any difficulties feel free to post here again.

As for the game modes tutorials I have not seen any yet but I am pretty sure it is just a few flags to set up the game initialization. A pseudo code example for -ar would be this:
Event - Player 1 types a message (-ar)(convert to lowercase) as an exact match
Conditions - gameModeAllRandomflag is false
Actions -
Playergroup - Pick all players in ActivePlayerGroup and
{
Set tempInteger as a random number from 1 - (NumberOfCustomHerosMade)
Call selectHeroViaIndex ( tempInteger )
}

The above is just pseudo code but it is more or less a simple algorithm to randomize heros for all players in the game. Try implementing 2 or 3 game modes first. It gets more advance as you add in more.

Dirac

Reaction score
3.How to sort players at the Multiboard by a value?
I find sorting through GUI an impossible task. And even if you accomplish it, it's even harder to sort values of an array by their index.
Thats why i wrote a MergeSort algorithm and submitted it as a resource: >Link<
Currently i'm using it to sort units by damage in a multiboard, and it's top notch.
It's impossible for a person who doesn't know the first thing about vJass to use it, but I would be happy to help you implementing it to your map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.