Help with a Food Trigger

Kenak

Reaction score
I'm making a map, and in this map you start with 10 food (and can only get a maximum of 10 food), and every quarter day (120 seconds) you lose 5 food. When it reaches 0, your unit loses 20hp every 2 seconds and gets a spell effect until the unit gets his food past 0. You can gain 2 food be eating cooked meat, and 1 food for eating raw meat. I do this by using Chickens that count as 1 food (perm-invis, invulnerable, size 0, no selection, no minimap view of the unit, and no attack). I use 2 different variables for each player: RedFood (integer) and RedChicken (Unit-Group). RedFood keeps track of the actual Food count so I know when to take away food and when to start damaging the unit. At the start I spawn the 10 chickens for Red and add them to the food group and set RedFood to 10. Every 120 seconds I lower RedFood by 5 and kill 10 random units from RedChicken. The problem is that for some reason the food lowers by 4 every quarter day instead of 5, and the unit takes damage when it hits 3 instead of 0. I have 5 triggers for this:

kenak_Trigger1.JPG

kenak_Trigger2.JPG

kenak_Trigger3.JPG

kenak_Trigger4.JPG

kenak_Trigger5.JPG

kenak_Trigger6.JPG

kenak_Trigger7.JPG

kenak_Trigger8.JPG

Can somebody please tell me what I did wrong? I am really stumped here.

I appreciate the help! Thanks ahead of time to anybody who helps.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
On trigger 8 y dont you have it Less than or equal too instead of just less than?
and in trigger 3 does the Tumman have Drunken Haze? you have to give it to him if he doesnt. (this can be done by a simple trigger but u should just edit the tumman to have drunken haze)

Kenak

Reaction score
I set it to 0 so that whenever the quarter/half day ends, and it subtracts -5 from RedFood, it doesn't go into the negatives and screw up the trigger. Why set it to 0 when it already equals 0?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Dude im talkin about Less than or Equal to, no 0
Use less than or = not just less than...

Kenak

Reaction score
But why just set it to 0 if it equals 0? Less than or equal to 0 will set it to 0 when a unit dies. So what difference does it make if it's less than 0 or less than or equal to 0?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Oh now i understand wat ur saying... ok ya less than is fine... :eek:

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I still have the ? if the tum man has drunken haze or not...

Kenak

Reaction score
Yes, he does have Drunken Haze. Well, it's actually a custom ability, but it was based off of Drunken Haze. That's not the problem though, the unit does get the "Haze" and they lose everything like they should, but instead of losing 5 a day, 4 a day is lost...and the unit starts to lose hp and gets hazed when he still has 3 food.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.