Help with autocasting ability

elpini0

Reaction score
Hi, i'm trying to develop a new ability for my map.

It's called Scattering Bullets:

It has 5 levels, and for each level you learn, your hero's attack will bounce once more. This is, level 1 = 1 bounce, level 2 = 2 bounces...

And this spell must be Auto-castable like Searing arrows in order to have a mana cost. This is, you can turn it on and off whenever you want.

First thing i realized is that Autocastable Attack Abilities do NOT stack up with Bouncing missiles. That is, if you turn on "searing arrows" on a unit with 3 bounces attack, the arrow will NOT bounce, as it is a spell.

Upgrades are not reversible, so that's not an option.

So, i thought the following:

1) Making an ability based on Night Elf flaming arrow, which gives no bonus at all.
2) Creating 5 dummies, one for each level of spell, and each one with a different number of "bounces".
3) With a trigger, checking when does the unit cast the spell, create the corresponding dummy and ordering him to attack the target unit.

The problem i found is that Autocastable Attack Abilities do not generate any event.

As i HATE using systems on my map, i wonder if anyone has a good idea and of course, MUI.

And take this into account: The ability will 95% of the times kill target unit, so i cant make any "unit gets damage" event to trigger this. The actions must be done before the bullet reach the target.

IDEAS?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1). Whenever a unit is issued the order to set the ability on autocast, add it to a group. If a unit attacks while in that group, then fire your actions.
2). Why can't you use Takes Damage events? A unit takes damage -> If number of bounces less than maximum, create new dummy and move to target.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.