Hero attribute editing (+rep for how to do this)

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Okay so I've made my first hero with experiench attributes items...the works. So now here is my question. When defining hero attributes for each individual level in my veterency behavior, where I must input every attribute for every level...there MUST be an easier way than that. I am going to be making alot of heros with alot of levels in my time with this editor and i'm sure you guys will be as well. I need a way to specify +attribute per level or somthing other than manualy inputting each value for each attribute for every level on every hero. I have herd that this might be possibol through triggers, I have worked on this approach but I have not been able to come up with anything that works. Anyone who has any advise to give that would be fantastic.
+rep to whoever gets it right

Advice D.

Reaction score
I hope there's an easier way too. However, I doubt that there is by default and this functionality will probably be added by user-made macros.

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
There is no action for set level of behavior or set attribute. I tried makin an ability, default behavior then I tied my attribute to it In the behavior feild I have this to my hero then used the "set level of ability for unit" with that ability. That did not work tho, but maybe there is another way to use this set level of ability action to edit attributes. Maybe I don't know

sombody plz figure this one out I'm stumped +rep for you

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
When defining hero attributes for each individual level in my veterency behavior, where I must input every attribute for every level...there MUST be an easier way than that.

As Jig7c quoted my tutorial I feel inclined to post. If you read the tutorial I make a point to say that the values must be set each level. If you have 100 levels, expect to do them each individually. I have looked on a way to modify them per level in the data editor but it is not possible.

You can do this with triggers. You would be able to add a behavior to a unit each time a unit levels. Very simple to do, but if you want each hero to level up stats differently, that's another story. I was always a fan of giving a player the choice of which attributes to put their points into though and doing this would alleviate any problems you have.

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Umm is there a way to do like...when a hero of unit type A gains a level give 1 str 2 agi and 2 int. And when hero type B levels up give 2 agi 3 str and 1 int using 2 differant triggers. Or 2 differant behaviors. Or whatever if so, with action should I use?

Advice D.

Reaction score
You can do this with triggers. You would be able to add a behavior to a unit each time a unit levels. Very simple to do, but if you want each hero to level up stats differently, that's another story.
Two options for that:
1) Have a +1 behaviour for each stat, add each one the desired number of times per levelup.
2) Have a behaviour for each hero.

Either way, I'm holding out for macros that let you set a stat growth (and exp requirement) formula. I saw another thread about adding direct xml editing within the data editor, this would be the logical progression. (Quadratic stat growth would be fun to play with!)
I was always a fan of giving a player the choice of which attributes to put their points into though and doing this would alleviate any problems you have.
You can have multiple "learn" abilities with separate points, right? I foresee huge possibilities in this area. Five assignable stat points per level, anyone?

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Umm is there a way to do like...when a hero of unit type A gains a level give 1 str 2 agi and 2 int. And when hero type B levels up give 2 agi 3 str and 1 int using 2 differant triggers. Or 2 differant behaviors. Or whatever if so, with action should I use?

Yoshii

Reaction score

Yes; make a trigger
event: a unit gain exp level
condition: none
action:if condition triggering unit is of unit type=hero then action add behavior x to triggering unit
if condition triggering unit is of type type=hero2 then add behavior Y

now just create a behavior that add stats; the way i did mine was creating a "buff" behavior that has a stack of 999 and edit its attribute given

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.