Arena Heroes of Pandaria: Brawl

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm, good point! I might consider the gold loss issue.

But, what do you mean with buggy?

the 1st time i played it the game just randomly ended and said "Player 13 has won" it seemed to just end for no reason at all.

A couple of times i'd be fighting creeps and use my Blitz Strike on them and it didn't hurt them at all. One way I could recreate this every single time is if i didn't have vision of a creep camp and used blitz strike on it, my hero teleports over to them and i can see them and they attack me and then i teleport back to my starting point and then walk over to them i can see they took 0 damage but i took damage from being teleported over there and got attacked. It probably has something to do with not having vision, but if my hero gets teleported over there and i can see them then they should take damage or i shouldn't even be able to target the area. *but* this is not the only instance where blitz strike wasn't doing damage. sometimes i had full vision of them and used it and it did no damage. It seemed random when it would work and when it wouldnt work if i did have vision of the creeps when i cast it. when i did not have vision of the creeps when i cast it 100% of the time it did no damage.

also... the flags. We played a full game with -50trio and I was the only person on my team that could cap the flag, and since the flags aren't droppable and teammates cannot attack eachother, We had to wait untill someone killed my allies with flags so they could get normal movement speed again.

Another thing was with the random teleporting to the brawl area, i got stuck on a little 1x1 piece of the ledge of a cliff and my hero had no sort of blink, i didn't have one of those teleport items, and team mates can't kill me, so I had to just sit there and wait for someone on the other team to kill me.

CraZyFroG

Reaction score
the 1st time i played it the game just randomly ended and said "Player 13 has won" it seemed to just end for no reason at all.

A couple of times i'd be fighting creeps and use my Blitz Strike on them and it didn't hurt them at all. One way I could recreate this every single time is if i didn't have vision of a creep camp and used blitz strike on it, my hero teleports over to them and i can see them and they attack me and then i teleport back to my starting point and then walk over to them i can see they took 0 damage but i took damage from being teleported over there and got attacked. It probably has something to do with not having vision, but if my hero gets teleported over there and i can see them then they should take damage or i shouldn't even be able to target the area. *but* this is not the only instance where blitz strike wasn't doing damage. sometimes i had full vision of them and used it and it did no damage. It seemed random when it would work and when it wouldnt work if i did have vision of the creeps when i cast it. when i did not have vision of the creeps when i cast it 100% of the time it did no damage.

also... the flags. We played a full game with -50trio and I was the only person on my team that could cap the flag, and since the flags aren't droppable and teammates cannot attack eachother, We had to wait untill someone killed my allies with flags so they could get normal movement speed again.

Another thing was with the random teleporting to the brawl area, i got stuck on a little 1x1 piece of the ledge of a cliff and my hero had no sort of blink, i didn't have one of those teleport items, and team mates can't kill me, so I had to just sit there and wait for someone on the other team to kill me.

The ''Player 13 has won'' is definatly an issue and I will fix that when I can, and I think I know what the problem is... so no problem.

About the Blitz Strike.. also an issue! The spell is basicly a triggered blink-fanofknives, and if I remember correctly, Fan of Knives requires vision to hit the targets.

Yes, well. You are not supposed to drop the flags after picking it up. When I first introduced the capture the flag event, there were many players who took the flags and stashed them away, so it was considered for abuse.
But there has been moments where I've considered making the flags droppable, and also, since i've added the Disabled Hearthstone feature when carrying a flag, I almost SHOULD make the flags droppable. We'll just have to see how things turn out.

About the teleport stuck.. I know which cliff you're talking about now when you're mentioning it. :)

All in all, thanks for pointing these bugs out! I will fix it/them. This is also what I need. More bug reports :D

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
what i was trying to say about the flags may not have been very clear. I was trying to say that the other 2 guys on my team were unable to cap the flags. They would pick the flags up and carry them over to the center and they'd be standing on top of the circle of power but it didn't capture the flag. They tried to leave and re-enter the circle of power many times and it just wouldnt work.

R

Rathia

I've been looking for HoP: Strife, or however the AoS mode of this map is called. I know I've played it once but I haven't seen it hosted on websites, where could I find it? Thanks. :)

CraZyFroG

Reaction score
I just wanted to note that a new website for downloads, change logs and so on, has been put up (Check the very first post). Also, register to the forum! =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.