Hide in

Aiden

Reaction score
Hi, im trying to do a map like suriver thing.
Hide in the barrel and other furnitures.

Im trying now with Orc Burrow, but the creeps can see the barrel ....
and im tring to hide from the creeps for a while

any ideas?

thorhunter

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think you could give your barrel permanent invisibility or make them invunerable.

Aiden

Reaction score
I just figured out.
I just did another system with triggers.

First, i make an area to hide with barrels and other furnitures ...
Then, if the unit type (Surviver) close enough, the trigger Add Permanent invisibility
But also i change unit to a barrel model.

So the enemys how can find them ?, they got detector ability, but with really short range, so if they want so look for, need to be really closer to the area and check.

Now im figure out a grass terrain like League of Legends.
The unit enter to the grass, then you only can see that area if you enter.

I mean the black fog style in area...
Any Ideas ?

(Sorry about my crappy english )

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I believe that would cause you to only be able to see things directly adjacent to you, since the LoS blockers in the other parts of the bush would still block vision. I'm thinking the solution is a unit that grants Truesight and spawning them for the player or sharing vision of one or something...

EDIT: Apparently using the Share Vision action will share their sight radius, but if the unit is invisible you can't see it and you don't see through it (if it has True Sight you don't get it too). So the solution is going to be making units for the players that do the detecting. The only issue/thing you'll want to keep in mind is that as True Sight is an ability with a radial range, you're going to want the detectors positioned just right so that they show the whole bush. However, if you have bushes that are fairly linear then using a single detector will also give True Sight of a decent area out of the bush. The solution to that is making the True Sight ability somewhat short ranged, and then just placing several of them throughout the bush.

Here is the trigger I used to test this. Since I just threw it together it has some leaks which you'll want to clear up, but here ya go:
Trigger:
  • BushTest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to ScoutTest (Level 3)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 ScoutTest (Level 3) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Trigger:
  • BushTest2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units in Region 000 <gen> matching (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Matching unit))) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Not equal to ScoutTest (Level 3))))) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 000 <gen> owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
        • Else - Actions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.