Highlighted Diolog buttons?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Is it possible to highlight a dialog button?
I can't seem to be able to find a function doing this?

I know that I would be able to create a border image and only show it when it is suposed to be highlighted, but I just want to know if it was possible.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I have experienced this problem before. I found that you can actually change the image of a button by using the Set Dialog Item Image action. Just change it to the highlighted version of the button. Be aware though that you will also need to reset the image back to the non-highlighted version if the button is deselected. You will also need to use a Switch statement to select the correct Race version of the button (if players can be different races).

The good thing about this method is that you can set the image per player, meaning you don't need a copy of the button for every player.

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
Do you mean you want your own custom buttons? Highlight when cursor moves over them etc.

OR

You want to change the button from all the others when it's clicked on? Which you could do just by changing text/colour.

X-maul

Reaction score
I have experienced this problem before. I found that you can actually change the image of a button by using the Set Dialog Item Image action. Just change it to the highlighted version of the button. Be aware though that you will also need to reset the image back to the non-highlighted version if the button is deselected. You will also need to use a Switch statement to select the correct Race version of the button (if players can be different races).

The good thing about this method is that you can set the image per player, meaning you don't need a copy of the button for every player.

Do you mean you want your own custom buttons? Highlight when cursor moves over them etc.

OR

You want to change the button from all the others when it's clicked on? Which you could do just by changing text/colour.
Sorry, obviously I did not describe my problem clear enough, my bad.
I got buttons which got an image on top of it.
udklipy.png
And when I click the button it will preview a unit assigned to that button. You can preview all units and I want the player to be able to see which unit he is previewing by highlighting the button assigned to the previewwed unit.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I have the same problem in my map and I think the easiest way to do it would be to do what Dave312 described.

If you want to go even further and make some good looking dialogs, have a look at this (rather advanced) tutorial.

X-maul

Reaction score
Okay, will look into it :)
Thanks for the tutorial Siretu, looks interresting :)

Cant +rep any of you as I havent been +repping enough since last time :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.