Hosting Help

freakincage

Reaction score
I understand this has been asked 1000+ times but I know what I am actually doing but am just stuck. Well, short story, I use to play WC3 about 8 months ago, made maps and was able to host. I had a different router and well 8 months later I am back to play again however when I reinstalled WC3 I remembered: I have a new router. I am running a DI-624. I just googled, "how to host in warcraft 3 DI-624" and well this popped up. I was thinking, okay, this is going to be really easy.

Turned off my firewall, even went into exceptions and set all the ports ranging from 6112-6119 and even made warcraft 3 program and exception.

Went to command prompt, did the old ipconfig and god my ip address. Went to my router info and followed the link directions.

Code:
[B]Enabled[/B]
Name : warcraft	
Private IP : 192.168.0.108	
Protocol Type : both	
Private Port : 6112 	
Public Port : 6112	
Schedule :	Always

I did this 7 more times, each with 6113, 6114, 6115, etc.

I thought for sure this would make me able to host. It was just so simply 8 months ago on my old router :(

So can anyone maybe see anything i am leaving out or doing wrong? Thanks and +rep and love lol.

freakincage

Reaction score
*Bump*

K I got it to anyone who views this thread in the future to try to help. Just bumping to announce I have solved the problem and can now host again. This thread may be closed if a moderator would like to close it.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you post the solution, so it may help people in the future?

freakincage

Reaction score
Well honestly I don't know exactly what I did. I was fooling around with it and well I used portchecker and it kept saying all my TCP ports were closed and I was like what? I really don't know lol, all I know is that I changed my main port in battlenet options to 6113 and my settings in my router to 6113 and set it to both and it worked.

This really won't help anyone because everyones is different. I looked at a lot of tutorials a long time ago and almost everyone was slightly different. It is the same process but some people say set it to only TCP some say set it to BOTH. In the long run, all you gotta do is try TCP or BOTH and then mess around with your ports. Only use 6112-6119 though...

Well that's really all I got. Sorry if this doesn't help :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.