How do i fix this?

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
Hi, there. I've a problem for my map. I was wondering there's someone who can help me here.
The problem is when the player choosing a hero, there some kind of lag or something that took 4 second to summon choosed hero (i count it with timer window:D).
And the same problem when the player using an ability that summon a Dummy unit to start the effect of an ability.

I was asking my friend for my problem, and he said my map size is to HUGE. And I try to make it smaller but there's no different, it's still lag when the player choose a hero or using an ability. My full map size is 160x256 and playable map size is 148x244, is it to big?

How can i fix this?
sorry of my bad english.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Are your triggers like infinitely going one after another? Like - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - -- - in one trigger?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Does it lag every time you cast the spell? Or only the first time? If that's the case, it's because you didn't preload the objects.

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
Are your triggers like infinitely going one after another? Like - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - -- - in one trigger?

it was i create in one trigger, but i've already changed it in different trigger. And there's no different.

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
Does it lag every time you cast the spell? Or only the first time? If that's the case, it's because you didn't preload the objects.

oh, so that the problem when i cast the spell, eh?:thup:

but honestly i don't how to "preload" it.
maybe you can tell me how to do it?

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Preloading is simply having a copy of the unit in your map, and removing it at map initialization. This will prevent the unit from causing lag when it is later created with triggers.

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
Preloading is simply having a copy of the unit in your map, and removing it at map initialization. This will prevent the unit from causing lag when it is later created with triggers.

I see i see, so thats the most people called "preloading" ?

thx for the advice dude!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.