How do i load a .bak file (weu backup)

a j j bones

Reaction score
my map got corrupted but it has a backup file from weu but it is in .bak form and wont open in WE, how do i make it open able and editable?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
i think you have to rename it to MAPNAME.w3x or whatever the wc3 expansion filetype is

a j j bones

Reaction score
i do that and it doesnt change anything, i just rename it and put .w3x and the end? cause thats what i did and it did nothing:banghead:

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Dunno, I think you need to change what it opens with, or am I wrong? I dunno... Sorry :(

EDIT: Sorry, I need to sign off... C ya l8r... :D

a j j bones

Reaction score
i changed that to weu because whenever i try and change to world editor i browse world editor and click open and it doesnt show up in the list of programs i can use:banghead:

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
save it as "all files" and name as mapname.w3x
that should work
(although i dont know if the map will work but it should become w3x file right?)
if i sound stupid dont listen to me

a j j bones

Reaction score
i cant change the map file type to world editor, it just wont let me and i cant open it in we to save it either.l..

Jonhpath

Reaction score
ok first, right clic the .bak file. now clic on properties and change the name (witch is curently <mapname>.back) to <mapname>.w3x and note that it wont work if your map is in the same folder because it will becore an identical file with the same name.

I just tryed and it work but i dint try to open it. It shoul work cuz the image of the .bak file become a wc3 expention file image and it say "Warcraft III Expansion Scenario File" if it dont work well... i have no idea. and this dont work with protected map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.