How do i make complex spells like...

BassZ

Reaction score
How do i make complex spells like say you throw and energy ball at somthing then it explodes in an aoe effect, distorting the terain? For example. Gotenkz DBZ ultra tribute 9.x

im no good with triggers and am still learning but have no idea what to do.

D

deathtomato

BassZ said:
How do i make complex spells like ......[\QUOTE]
Bit of a broad question dont you think? If you are no good with triggers then it will be a bit difficult for you, i suggest looking up a tutorial or getting some free codes for spells from Wc3sear.ch to look at. Maby you will be able to find the energy ball spell u are thinking of.

W

Wazat

It's best to base your spell off of a spell that does most of what you want. I don't know how to do permanent terrain distortion, but I know Stomp distorts the terrain temporarily, and thunderclap creates an impact crater.

So, you'd have an ability that fires the energy ball projectile at a location (but does nothing else). Casting that ability should cause a trigger to take action, waiting a short delay (while the energy ball travels to its destination) and then spawn a dummycaster unit (tutorial here), give the caster an ability based off thunderclap or other spell that does what you want, and tell it to cast that ability. So, hero fires the energy ball, it impacts, and the other ability is cast making the impact effect.

Triggers aren't too hard, start with easy stuff and work up. I hope this helps. If you're still having trouble post back and I can walk you through the process a little more.

Good luck!

exge

Reaction score
set if cast ability equal to your ability
then
create a special effect using thunderclap and shockwave
if thats not working use
-terrain - create deformation and put in some value

make casting unit damage area .. blah.. blah

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.