How do you make text that would follow a unit wherever it goes?

Tooblet

Reaction score
I havent worked with the editor in almost a year but the only way to do this I guess would be to Have a trigger that runs a periodic timer that checks where the unit is and move the text to that location every 0,3 seconds or something similar.

And have a wait in that same trigger. When the wait is over
turn of the "periodic timer trigger" and remove the text.

Don't forget to remove all the leaks in the triggers.

You'll need a variable for the unit and for the text.

hope it helps atleast a bit :)

zandor66

Reaction score
if your unit moves linear just put velocity like this
Trigger:
  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 350.00 towards 90.00 degrees

if your unit movement speed is 350 and it goes straight up it will look like txt follows him
And you put this for time
Trigger:
  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds

if you want it to fade away than add this too
Trigger:
  • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds

if lifespan is 5 secs and fading age is 4 secs txt will be "full" for 4 secs and in 1 sec it will disappear. If you put for example life span 5 secs and fading age 20 secs it will disappear rly slowly =) hope i helped

khll1993

Reaction score
if your unit moves linear just put velocity like this
Trigger:
  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 350.00 towards 90.00 degrees

if your unit movement speed is 350 and it goes straight up it will look like txt follows him

Thanks for the change lifespan tip, it helped. :) But what if the speed of the unit changes a lot? How will I make the text follow a specific unit?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.