How should heroes learn Abillities?

Evil Seal

Reaction score
Im working on a AoS map and i asked my self which type of way your hero should learn abillities in:

All abillities at 1st level
This includes the ultimate, at the beginning of the game you have all the heroes abillities from the start and can use them.

All abillities except Ult at 1st level
As above except that you get your Ult automaticaly at level 6.

Classic
The Normal Wc3 abillitie learning system.

Other
If you choose other, please describe what system you think is the Best,

Tamisrah

Reaction score
I would definitely love to see a map were all abilities are available at level 1. But there is a good reason that this is not common.
Why would you want to gain experience for if not for these abilities? So you must invent some other way to spend experience on. For example make most skills attribute dependend and give the players the power to chose how to spend their attribute points.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
first option with auto-scaling

something like in WoW, every level or two the abilities automatically increase in level
you could also make the spells scale with attributes, like Tamisrah said

Evil Seal

Reaction score
I would definitely love to see a map were all abilities are available at level 1. But there is a good reason that this is not common.
Why would you want to gain experience for if not for these abilities? So you must invent some other way to spend experience on. For example make most skills attribute dependend and give the players the power to chose how to spend their attribute points.
I have thought of that, I have ideas like: Perks, Attributes and abillities that becomes greater equal to
your level, and attribute scaled abillities

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Well i think the best method is the classic,even if you could make like temishrah said there will be 1 attribute for each stats,u wont have space for abilityes and i think in an AoS map bust be action and without abilityes and only 3 attributes to choose i guess there wont be so much action.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.